Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: News of the world

Reviews

I thought Agent 007 had already taken care of Murdoch!!!

He also banged his wife.

Yummy.

Reviews

Intercepting that girl Milly Dowlers phone, deleting messages from the inbox to see who else would ring? For a bloody newspaper story? I personally would have the entire editorial staff lined up against a wall and shot. Some measure to restore moral order.
    Bada Bing!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

anitasizzle (07-07-11), ladiesman217 (07-07-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    Have a look at this interview with Hugh Grant and the scummy journalist Paul McMullan on the BBC, huge respect for Grant after seeing this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14052690
    A distinct lack of contrition from the McMullan chap. Notice how he barely addressed the issue at all, merely referring to the specific point about Milly Dowler as a "mistake" and then trying to make a laddish reference to the papers readership versus Hugh Grants celebrity status. Complete fucken strawman argument if I ever heard one. The depressing thing is plenty of fuckwits will think yer man McMullan is a right clever sort.
    Bada Bing!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

mellors (07-07-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Closing down the News of the World is Murdocks attempt at damage limitation, he knows there is no way out of this mess
    so he is trying to appear to be taking decisive action but in reality i assume in the coming weeks he will launch another
    title to replace it and accompany the Sun and Sunday Times in his stable.
    The real damage he has done here is not losing the News of the World which in real terms was only small fry but it really
    must be very doubtful if his takeover of BskyB will now be allowed go ahead, from a purely practical point of view if the
    goverment now let that go through there would be a public outcry.
    If he dosent get control of BskyB it will be a big blow to his aim of being the top media player in the world
    I am really delighted that this has happened him as he has always been walking a fine line with his type of
    journalism both morally and ethically. I guess if u live by the sword u die by the sword
    To be fair to Sky they are not standing off and are giving the story a right auld airing
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

anitasizzle (07-07-11), westcorklad (07-07-11)

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Have to suspect they are using the phone hacking scandal as excuse for something they were planning to do anyway, media market gone to pot in this country no money left here in terms of advertising etc.

No way, 176 years old THE biggest selling Sunday paper one of the biggest circulations in Europe. The News of the World is being sacrificed for the future of BskyB give it a year for the launch of a re-vamped NotW with a new name an format.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Blog Entries

He had to get rid of it because advertisers weren't buying ad space, which in turn started to wreak havoc on the organization's share price

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anitasizzle For This Useful Post:

El Gordo (07-07-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    I just heard that the sunday paper will publish its last issue this sunday after the allegations of phone hacking over the past few days,i know its had fair share of B.S stories but i for one will miss it as it was the only paper i used to pick up on a sunday..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...s-Murdoch.html
    Aml I reckon this controversy is only the tip of the iceberg as far as the N.o.t.W bribing police officers is concerned. The police investigating this scandal would have heard on the grapevine and possibly discovered an alarming level of corruption in the English Police force. You have to bear in mind that the N.O.T.W is an extremely right wing newspaper which has strongly advocated greater police powers sometime to the detriment of civil liberties in the U.k. I have a feeling that the two of them were in cahoots. Closing down this paper is a smart move as it will surely limit the amount of litigation that will follow. Also sending some of the police officers involved to early pasture will limit what the public will find out.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    He had to get rid of it because advertisers weren't buying ad space, which in turn started to wreak havoc on the organization's share price
    Yes big names like Ford etc had pulled their adds and i would say he was also afraid a run would start and maybe even spread to his other titles
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Page 3 always had great articles I remember reading them as a young boy but the paper quality was bad it always seemed to get very damp?? In my teens it always came in handy when my mates and I would go drinking in the fields you could use it to wipe your arse and clean the vomit off you jeans and if you were sober enough to get laid under a tree the trusty old news of the world wes there to wipe your nob and then on page 3 would be sam fox pointing her big tits at you and off you go again.. Ahh the news of the world it had such an effect on me RIP
    Last edited by sperminater; 07-07-11 at 22:15.

Reviews

looks like I will have to buy real jacks roll now
    "A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves."

Bill Shankly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast