Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The standard of spelling

Reviews

Default The standard of spelling

The standard of spelling on these boards of late is just atroshus. Makes me wonder what kind of skooling some of ye got.

Where is CG anyway?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (07-07-11), Rayden (07-07-11), sperminater (07-07-11)

The Irish school system is a joke; you only have to look at how many people were taught Irish as children and how many of us actually know how to speak it. Some people stay in school for up to 14 years yet they cannot string together a coherent sentence in Irish, that's a fucking joke. And I am one of those people! I cannot speak a lick of Irish. Well, unless you want me to ask to go to the toilet...

They let absolute idiots teach children. I know of many primary school teachers and most of them I wouldn't let run a bath, let alone teach children the basics.

I have learnt more in my years out of school than I did in that place.

Reviews

I don't think people's spelling is as important as the content, there are a lot foreign visitors on the boards and they are very welcome, it doesn't trouble me that their spelling is not tip top. As for our own, well I just love them the way they are, warts and all.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    The standard of spelling on these boards of late is just atroshus. Makes me wonder what kind of skooling some of ye got.

Where is CG anyway?
    I blame the computer spellchecker!!! in fairness some of the posters may not use English as their first language so we should be aware of that. However, anyone who has no excuse should have their membership suspended....or should be suspended by their membership!!!

Reviews

Where is CG anyway?
    sroy jim lol

My spelling's become awful since working for E-I, as well as my grammar. It's all this bloody cyber chat!

Where is CG anyway?
    Ok James I can't spell to save myself and yea before you ask dyslexia not even sure I spelt that right but also this iPhone changes spelling, so sorry dude can't help it.... But I can still give smart arse comments where the spelling doesent matter....

Reviews

stupid silly thread, would you really ban a good poster for making spelling mistakes?????? crazy shite talk.
    Wats wrong wit using wat instead of what r wit insted of with r r in place or. no harm as long as it can be understood.
    Last edited by WD-40; 07-07-11 at 16:50.
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WD-40 For This Useful Post:

sperminater (07-07-11)

Reviews

I was being sarcastic, I have no problem with the standard of spelling, hell sometimes my fingers work faster than my brain, lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

sperminater (07-07-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    I was being sarcastic, I have no problem with the standard of spelling, hell sometimes my fingers work faster than my brain, lol
    eh i knew dat (that)

fooker
    mam mammy mam mam mam mammy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WD-40 For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (07-07-11)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast