Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: i phone

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Sorry to hear about that buddy.

This probably isn't the best time to mention this, but it may help in the future if it happens again, or more to the point, if you get a new iphone and you lose it, or it's nicked.

There is a software programme that you download which lets you do some funky stuff.

Firstly, it uses the phone's own gps to tell you where it is, so you can find and batter the thief.

Secondly, it allows you to remotely lock the phone, so the prick can't get acces to your numbers etc.

Finally, it allows you to remotely wipe your phone so that the wanker can't use any of your apps, numbers, email etc. All of this can be done through the app store once you have regitered your profile with the app.

The app is called "find my iphone". It's free, and you just have to set up a profile, takes two seconds.
    Just use apple's Mobile Me, works a treat and you can wipe the phone too
    CBG

I've spent my entire life doing nothing but collecting comic books... and now there's only time to say... LIFE WELL SPENT!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkeye View Post
    I have a shit phone...so that nobody will steal it....it's a great idea but the phone is shit :P
    I like to think of them as 'Dumb' phones

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123