Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: finally caught

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
    You shouldnt have given your proper address then..
    dam i can be so stupid sometimes, wish i had of thought of that

Its not the end of the world,just wait for the letter,then take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Recently got points myself. You'll lose your no penalty points discount, which was worth 25% for me before any reductions are made to the premium, for example 5 years+ no claims discount. Basically, my insurance will go up €250 in December, before any other increases are applied.

There is apparently a trick that taxi drivers like to pull. It's risky though. Basically, you opt to contest the decision, but on the day, you admit the charge. This will result in a slightly larger fine, but apparently there is a disconnect between the court clerk and the points system.

Your points may get lost in the system between the clerk and the points database, and never be applied to your licence.

Not sure how true this is, and I only heard about it after I got my points. The question is, do you feel lucky??
    Did you get more than 2? NCD shouldn't be effected if not more than 2 penalty points.

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    I got two for speeding. When I first took out the policy, they gave me a breakdown of the cost. I got a discount of €250 for having no points, which I obviously won't have any more. So those bloody cameras will cost me money for the next three years, which I think is a bit harsh.
    Ok,hope you search around cos I'm sure 2 points does not effect the policy. Don't know about you, I used to stick to 1 company for donkey's years,then just for the crack,I went to a broker and looked at the options,and there is a big difference.Think about it...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SR71 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mathsteacher View Post
    lol finally got caught speeding and done it in style too! it has really rounded off a my weekend nicely. dont think anyway out of this one as it was cop with radar gun, unless anyone has any great ideas???

I know dont speed and u wont get caught!
    poxy traffic cops take it on the chin two points a fine a judge never goes against a copper especially when its traffic.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fitzy For This Useful Post:

mathsteacher (06-07-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    poxy traffic cops take it on the chin two points a fine a judge never goes against a copper especially when its traffic.
    Yep,2 points should not effect the insurance policy.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast