Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haye Vs Klitschko

Reviews

It was quite clear on his walk on his toe was affecting him.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    thats where you are wrong!!!..lol

turns out haye broke his toe in training...ffs you would think he would just admit he was outclassed

David Haye on BBC Radio 5 live: "Going into the fight I knew I couldn't give all my best because of the injury to my right toe but I didn't want to pull out of the fight, I broke my toe in training, I thought the adrenalin would get me through but I couldn't push off my right foot. I couldn't give everything from my right foot and that was really frustrating. He's a great fighter and boxed very clever all the way through."

...and by the way heavyweight boxing is a load of bollix at the moment.
    Not the worst post fight excuse, lol. There is always something.

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post

...and by the way heavyweight boxing is a load of bollix at the moment.
    I recommend the K1 heavyweight (kickboxing). I am watching K1 for 20 years and never been disapointed.

This is a recent fight with my favorite fighter JLB !

Last edited by benben; 02-07-11 at 22:52.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to benben For This Useful Post:

Rayden (02-07-11)

[QUOTE=benben;514954] I am watching this for 20 years and never been disapointed.

jeyses you must know the ending by now mate...20 years???..lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

benben (02-07-11)

Quote Originally Posted by lovethegirls View Post
    It was quite clear on his walk on his toe was affecting him.
    I watched hs entry to the ring again AFTER he had announced the broken toe - and I can't see any limp or hint he's injured.
    Full of swagger and singing Ain't no stopping us now.

Delighted he got beat.
    And that Klitschko taught him some respect - he completely dominated Haye throughout the fight and owned the ring.

The heavyweight division is probably at its weakest ever, but Haye making himself out to be it's messiah is a joke.
    He is what he is - and he should not have stepped up to heavyweight.
    I ind it incredibly ironic that he repeatedly had a go at the brothers for the damage their style has done to boxing but the reality is he wouldn't have been given a shot at heavyweight if the division was stronger!
    Too small, too light, too poor.

he has speed but thats it.
    This big Hayemaker punch isn't what he thinks it is - Klitschko batted it away three times tonight.

But, where he really came across as a joke was in the broken toe revelation!
    What a lame (excuse the pun) excuse.
    I broke my toe years ago, so I taped it to the adjacent one with plaster strip and played football matches until the bruising and swelling - and pain - subsided.
    But this guy who, to be fair to Haye, took a few good punches square on the chin tonight that would've killed me, found that his toe pain was excruciating and ruined his gameplan??

Gimme a break!

dom

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dom For This Useful Post:

curiousgeorge (02-07-11), Rayden (02-07-11)

Reviews

Boring fight... Haye was pathetic really... never got into the fight at all IMO...

Never seen a boxer so often on his knees... what was all that about...

Klitschko was a rock of strength and concentration... totally out boxed Haye...

What ever has happened to boxing... I am sooo disillusioned..

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    And that Klitschko taught him some respect - he completely dominated Haye throughout the fight and owned the ring.

dom

Correct. Haye was totally out of his depth throughout the whole fight, there was an earlier quote which said it was a cat and mouse type attack, I totally agree with that too. Having said that, I would totally avoid a thump from Haye, he is no weakling and took some serious pain on the chin (pun intended!). One tough SOAB!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    I watched hs entry to the ring again AFTER he had announced the broken toe - and I can't see any limp or hint he's injured.
    Full of swagger and singing Ain't no stopping us now.

Delighted he got beat.

The heavyweight division is probably at its weakest ever, but Haye making himself out to be it's messiah is a joke.
    He is what he is - and he should not have stepped up to heavyweight.
    I ind it incredibly ironic that he repeatedly had a go at the brothers for the damage their style has done to boxing but the reality is he wouldn't have been given a shot at heavyweight if the division was stronger!
    Too small, too light, too poor.

he has speed but thats it.
    This big Hayemaker punch isn't what he thinks it is - Klitschko batted it away three times tonight.

But, where he really came across as a joke was in the broken toe revelation!
    What a lame (excuse the pun) excuse.
    I broke my toe years ago, so I taped it to the adjacent one with plaster strip and played football matches until the bruising and swelling - and pain - subsided.
    But this guy who, to be fair to Haye, took a few good punches square on the chin tonight that would've killed me, found that his toe pain was excruciating and ruined his gameplan??

Gimme a break!

dom
    It was meant to be a joke
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

12. Default

At least the fight went the full 12 rounds and not over in the first.

Haye never really stood a chance, klitschko was always going to beat him on points and haye had to knock him out to win and that was never gna happen, but now thos excuse about his toe, he didnt make a big deal about it before the match, why make a big deal after. He lost fair and square if you ask me, klitschko had him every round
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12