Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Negative Equity etc

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    Took out too large a loan ? Cant afford to pay for what you have ?

Its your own bloody fault

quit blaming the government, you voted for them didnt ya. You should not get involved in things you dont understand ie Economics

I'm totally fed up of people complaining and its their own fault for being ignorant and greedy in the first place.
    Ah the smugness of the employed mortgage paying slave. Wait until you get to my situation mate and you won't be so smug. Banks broke their own guidelines tripping over themselves to give out mortgages, fuelling price rises. Government, following the pd free market plan took regulation away so banks got into trouble by over lending. Now anyone paying tax is paying money to pay off billions of euros to banks that have been bailed out. All that tax money is going out of the economy and not helping anyone. Funny to think if the government, of either hue, had given every citizen one million euro it would have cost less and boy would the tax take, housing market, car market etc be in great shape.

I know your comments are slightly tongue in cheek, but to those of us at the wrong end of the recession the humour tends to leave you easily.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

mer (28-06-11), pforce (28-06-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    I have to say I do feel guilty to an extent, I've had 1 or 2 that came to me asking for a favour, would I sign a pay cert for more than what they actually earned, I did and one of them is now in serious dificulty and I let the other go, I know he's still unemployed.
    Have done the same thing myself - included ot in earnings - at the time thought I was doing the guy a favour but just heard that he has lost his job - bummer.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Come on Alec it's not nice getting your jollys of on other people's misery five years ago who was to see what was coming down the road we were sold a cod by the government in power and banks can you blame someone for wanting a place to call home as I type this I look around at what I have and thank Jasus I am not up to my ballox in it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fitzy For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (28-06-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    Come on Alec it's not nice getting your jollys of on other people's misery five years ago who was to see what was coming down the road we were sold a cod by the government in power and banks can you blame someone for wanting a place to call home as I type this I look around at what I have and thank Jasus I am not up to my ballox in it.

I find it hard to digest this statement whilst looking at your avatar

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

7. The Following User Says Thank You to City Gent For This Useful Post:

Fitzy (28-06-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post

CG
    Ok you like.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post

CG
    Life is hard fella just sitting in my armchair with my brandy looking out over my country spread it's hard for me to believe what I have considering where I came from well just waiting for that fine looking lady to ring the dinner bell well and you probably think I am jesting hummmmm .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12