Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: one of the best fight i have seen

Reviews

Default one of the best fight i have seen

Germany's Felix Sturm edged a tough contest against Irishman Matthew Macklin's in their WBA middleweight title fight in Cologne.Mackin who played hurling with Tipperary

Sturm won a split decision after a superb fight with two judges favouring Sturm by 116-112 and the other seeing it 115-113 for Macklin.

Sturm's sharper work in the second half of the contest swung the fight his way.

Macklin made a blazing start which gave him genuine hope of an upset before fading late on.

Sturm is unbeaten in five years and was making his 10th defence in his second reign as WBA middleweight champion, on his own show in his home city.

But if the odds were stacked against Macklin, who had himself not tasted defeat since 2006, he shrugged them off in an explosive start in which he slung hooks to Sturm's body and made the champion cover up.
    i watch the fight and would have giving the fight to mackin in a interview to sky after mackin said said he won the fight. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...005256,00.html
    Never confuse education with intelligence One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

A split descision will always favour the champ .But what you say is true .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

Yeah was a good fight, plenty of punches thrown by both fighters. Haye vs Klitschko won't be as good.

Reviews

Missed the fight but was on a boxing forum which had minute by minute update on the fight - Rave reviews for the fight by all the posters. i believe the fight was shown in Times Square by the network that was promoting it (not HBO or ShoBox).A good few of the posters felt Macklin was badly screwed by the 2 judges at 166-112 i.e 8 rounds to 4 though the fight could have gone either way.Germany has the reputation of ridiculous hometown decisions though this one certainly may have not been 'robbery'.If the fight was in UK,Matthew prob would have won it.At least the fight puts Macklin in the shop window for some lucrative major fights/paydays in the future.

Reviews

Didnt see it, but from what I have read the judges were a bit off.

Reviews

Is there anywhere I can see it online?

Reviews

class fight 12 rounds toe to toe fighting, judges where witching a different fight won't be surprised to hear fixing.
    Never confuse education with intelligence One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.

Reviews

Split decision always favours the champ especially when the champ is German and the fight is in Germany

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by spur View Post
    A great fight but i thought Macklin won it.The repeat is on sky now.
    Darn... I don't have sky sports... Ah well I'll just have to go to the pub... Lol.

10. Default

day light robbery lads,mack did well to hold on at the end but he worked way way harder during the fight and i had him winning by 2 rounds at the end,judges got it badly wrong which happens all to often in germany,holyfield v valuev was the same a few years ago and sven ottke "lost" several fights in germany yet he still always got the decision.....decisions like that are exactly whats wrong with the brilliant sport of boxing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast