Thread: Advice needed please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Advice needed please

Ok I know this place isn't an agony aunt column, but maybe some of the more level-headed lads and lassies here might give me their opinion. It's a long story so bear with me.

Nearly 10 years ago, a young woman who was just out of college came into my workplace on work experience. I was given the job of supervising her and was instantly attracted. She only stayed a few week and we parted ways. Luckily, we got reacquainted a few years later in a different work environment. She was keen to be friends again and we used to meet now and again for coffee/lunch and a chat. I moved on to another job again but we stayed in touch even though didn't get to meet all that often - maybe two or three times a year for an hour or two at most. She went abroad for a while and work commitments also got in the way. Both of us are unemployed now, we live about 100 miles apart and she doesn't have a car so meeting up is difficult - I last met her in 6 months ago.

This girl is a real stunner, very good looking, great body, intelligent but down to earth, no airs or graces, she has a genuine innocent charm even to the point of naivety at times. She's quiet, shy and reserved, a bit like myself really. As far as I can tell, she hasn't been in a relationship for at least 6 years. Sometimes I got the vibe that the attraction is mutual, but other times things have happened that have made be doubt that. I've never had the guts or the opportunity to make a serious move and I've never told her how I really feel about her. We don't move in the same social circles and I don't know any of her friends that I could sound out about her.

Now I am leaving Ireland next month for work, I can't get a job here so I have to go. I've told her that I'd like to meet before I leave but she has been cool with me lately. Should I lay it all on the line and tell her how I really feel about her in the hope that we might get a chance to be together at some future point? I'm single and in my mid-thirties and feel that this woman might be my last decent shot at getting married/having a life partner. Am I just being an idealist and hopeless romantic?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to John Shaft For This Useful Post:

skywalker85 (21-06-11)