Thread: Terry Prachett-choosing to die BBC2

1. Default Terry Prachett-choosing to die BBC2

My god...... did anyone see the document on BBC 2 about assisted suicide, quite possibly one of the saddest and moving things I ever seen.

Wink

i did not see it but

truth

in ancient cultures mean hard times were food was a problem the youth were not able to take care of huge excessive elderly population both europe americas asia and it well happened

also childen who were not perfect were not norished manly for a lack of food tough times leads to tough people

we have evolved but i believe in free will no assisted ever why well the path to hell is paved with good thoughts but still look were you end up lol

difficult topic i find it hard to forbid it i want to but i believe in free will

be happy things will improve

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cooldude For This Useful Post:

curiousgeorge (13-06-11)

4. Default

Ah i know yea, its very hard to know what to say about it when one is not in the situation, still though, that programme left a lump in my throat. Its not easy to drink from a glass and then say goodbye to everyone, then within 2 minutes more you're gone for ever. Sad indeed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to curiousgeorge For This Useful Post:

mutley (13-06-11)

Reviews

Sounds very interesting. It is a very sensitive subject with many different opinions.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lovethegirls For This Useful Post:

curiousgeorge (13-06-11)

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
    Ah i know yea, its very hard to know what to say about it when one is not in the situation, still though, that programme left a lump in my throat. Its not easy to drink from a glass and then say goodbye to everyone, then within 2 minutes more you're gone for ever. Sad indeed
    A deeply moving documentry indeed, albeit Prachett was a bit of a Pratt himself in saying he was proud to be British as was the very brave couple involved . (the euthanasia was filmed in Switzerland).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mutley For This Useful Post:

curiousgeorge (13-06-11)

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    A deeply moving documentry indeed, albeit Prachett was a bit of a Pratt himself in saying he was proud to be British as was the very brave couple involved . (the euthanasia was filmed in Switzerland).
    Yea you are actually right, I got the impression that he would not go through with it if he was pressed to do it, after that poor man drank the concoction of chemicals that finished his days. It really was too personal and emotional to be shown on national TV, (thats my personal view on it anyway)

I think when the quality of life has got to such a level a person should be allowed to make this sad decision they know & the person helping them feel it is the right thing to do & nobody should stand in their way..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Experienced Punter esq For This Useful Post:

sweethomes (14-06-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    I think when the quality of life has got to such a level a person should be allowed to make this sad decision they know & the person helping them feel it is the right thing to do & nobody should stand in their way..
    I agree that the person should be allowed to decide themselves but as in many cases i dont agree with the person asking someone to help them knowing the circumstances after.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    Straight forward issue when its a voluntary act ExP but otherwise a minefield . ie comma etc.