Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dealing with bullies in the work place??

Reviews

Default dealing with bullies in the work place??

hey people
    im a chef now 22 years and am just curious.in your own chosen field of work have you had to deal wth bullies in the workplace??and how did you deal with them??
    in my line of work it use to very common and almost nearly expected of you to bully and harrass the younger ones coming up behind you..
    not my style at all and ive just hired a sous chef who im beginning to see this trait in him,
    now,i know how to deal with it .dont get me wrong.its not the first time i have had to deal with it..
    but just curious has anyone else come accross this and how you sorted it out??..
    cheers mart
    its better to burn out than to fade away

Reviews

Nobody would bully me, had enough of that shit as a kid. Any grown man should stand up for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by mart View Post
    hey people
    im a chef now 22 years and am just curious.in your own chosen field of work have you had to deal wth bullies in the workplace??and how did you deal with them??
    in my line of work it use to very common and almost nearly expected of you to bully and harrass the younger ones coming up behind you..
    not my style at all and ive just hired a sous chef who im beginning to see this trait in him,
    now,i know how to deal with it .dont get me wrong.its not the first time i have had to deal with it..
    but just curious has anyone else come accross this and how you sorted it out??..
    cheers mart
    I have, yes. I worked weekends as a cook all through my college years. I picked up the chef's CD with tongs and dropped it into a pan of hot soup.
    he wasn't a great chef..funniest thing was, one day, I asked him where did he learn to cook? prison? He said Yeah lol

Simple: Punch his face in.

Just kidding, obviously.

People like that need dealing with in a very firm way, there's absolutely no excuse for bullying. People commit suicide because of this. It's good that you've noticed it so you can stamp it out asap. If you have it in your power, give him a good talking to. Tell him it's completely out of order and will not be tolerated.
    He felt her hands slide slowly up his thigh, he couldn't stop himself from growing hard. She caught his eye and in that second he knew: This erotic, sensual Lady is bold if she is anything. She would be upto mischief in no time...
    Some things never change

Reviews

no he is not bullying me.lol.id fucking put him through a wall
    but can see he will try with my younger ones 19-24 yr olds when im not there
    was looking for a serious answer
    thanks mart

Quote Originally Posted by mart View Post
    no he is not bullying me.lol.id fucking put him through a wall
    but can see he will try with my younger ones 19-24 yr olds when im not there
    was looking for a serious answer
    thanks mart
    tell him..and show him.. that you get more from your staff by treating them with respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Nobody would bully me, had enough of that shit as a kid. Any grown man should stand up for himself.
    It's easier said than done in some instances Rayden. I was bullied by a manager in an office to the point where I was crying before, during and after work. If it was outside of my job, I would have given her the height of abuse but as she had the power to sack me and I didn't want to lose my job I felt I had to put up with it. I tried speaking to her Managers who totally discouraged me from making a formal complaint. So I went about things a different way - play with fire baby, you WILL burn yourself x
    He felt her hands slide slowly up his thigh, he couldn't stop himself from growing hard. She caught his eye and in that second he knew: This erotic, sensual Lady is bold if she is anything. She would be upto mischief in no time...
    Some things never change

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EnglishAlex For This Useful Post:

kelso (12-06-11)

Reviews

Had to deal with it a couple of times in the past. The first thing was to talk to the people involved to try & resolve the problem which worked once, and the second time I ended up having to sack the bully in question, as it kept on happening repeatedly even with various warnings etc.

Reviews

yes alex ...thank you ..
    this is only his second day and dont worry i know how to deal with bullies

Bully him back. Acutely, for a week. Pick at everything, wait on his timekeeping, critique his dress and demeanor. Then after one week, ask for a meeting, and ask how he liked his week. Ask how he expects others to feel, when under the same stress. And then tell him he will be sacked if you ever see so much as a look out of place towards a peer or a junior. Bullies thrive on people turning the other cheek, on others allowing their acts. Nope.

I worked extensively in Sales, Looking back I was bullied every day, but I was also very good for the target figures and so I learnt to cope. I also learnt to hate complacent bosses.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 12-06-11 at 00:02.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast