Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: dealing with bullies in the work place??

Reviews

lolol kidkool nice
    thats how ya treat a fucker like that, a taste of thier own medicine a bully cannot take it due to their own fears about themselves
    its better to burn out than to fade away

Reviews

thanks gorgeous nina
    well i pulled the 3 younger ones aside to day and told them something similar ,all to give the same answer when certain things were said and if he has a problem talk to me the head chef

Reviews

lol lucy brilliant ,he is 10 years older than me and maybe that is a problem right there a 37 yr old man telling him what to do.demoting would be the perfect answer..
    but he was hired as my second but not by me,my mind is made up to get rid of him but its just a matter of time till his hole is dug very deep and ill close it over

Reviews

some great insights and replies i appreciate it and you have helped me alot,kepp em coming
    so many thanks to you all martin

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    My motto is always raise hell If I know I am working hard, then I know my worth. Unfortunately a new phenomena I have noticed is title collecting. People like titles. Perhaps you should demote him
    I like your style Lucy. I work hard but have an ordinary title. Am I worried about a job title/description - am i f**k!
    Job titles don't pay the bills.
    If the bullies in question have a fancy title, take it off them. They'll probably stop being a prick to other people.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theqm For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (12-06-11), mart (12-06-11)

Its a sensitive issue. I've been on receiving end of what I consider a money making freebie. Keeps you record in writing and keep every minute detail. After that prepare for a hell of a ride( and not in the nicest possible way) after it goes legal.

Reviews

titles mean feic all but some eejits do like having em,the buck stops with me if there is a problem.title means fuck all everybody calls me by my name and are looked after well.
    i had a chef ask me recently where he came in the pecking order and who is he in charge of ..lol..and he could not even make stuffing for lamb dish.lol..but he wanted to have someone to boss around

Reviews

thank you justtryit
    sound advice and i think i will do it too,just incase

Quote Originally Posted by mart View Post
    titles mean feic all but some eejits do like having em,the buck stops with me if there is a problem.title means fuck all everybody calls me by my name and are looked after well.
    i had a chef ask me recently where he came in the pecking order and who is he in charge of ..lol..and he could not even make stuffing for lamb dish.lol..but he wanted to have someone to boss around

Thats the problem, really. We have all become so involved in the mechanism of getting ahead we forget what it is that gets us ahead- enthusiasm! My parents used to own a tea room. It evolved into a restaurant with rooms, The chef has to have a sous chef. The sous chef had to have a porter. The porter had to have a maid. And so on. M dad told me once we all have a different title but its the same code on the P45. He sells boats in Sydney now
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 12-06-11 at 00:39.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

wise man lucy
    we are all just a number and can be replaced

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast