Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: anyone watchin UFC 131 tonight??

Reviews

You know, I used to be a big fan of UFC when it was splashed all over SKY, but now I dont seem to see it on anymore. Has it been moved to a channel I dont have? Was starting to watch some build up to a final last thurs night in a hotel in dub, but just as it was about to start they switched to sky news. I was livid... hotel policy not to show fights... FFS...

What channels is it on these days?

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    You know, I used to be a big fan of UFC when it was splashed all over SKY, but now I dont seem to see it on anymore. Has it been moved to a channel I dont have? Was starting to watch some build up to a final last thurs night in a hotel in dub, but just as it was about to start they switched to sky news. I was livid... hotel policy not to show fights... FFS...

What channels is it on these days?
    ESPN James.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    ESPN James.
    Hey John.....

Only ESPN huh... do I have that on SKY standard?

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Hey John.....

Only ESPN huh... do I have that on SKY standard?
    Its on Sky channel 417. I only have ESPN because they have UFC. Its an extra £10 per month.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

I gotta say I used to be a fan but not so much now, I love MMA as a sport and train as such 3 times a week. My problem with UFC is that it's moving too much towards the TV "knockout" culture, a natural evolution perhaps but I love the groundwork. The strategy of BJJ and the beauty of movement when passing the guard of a decent opponent, or indeed the skill required to calm down and fight well while on your back with someone in full mount and throwing down on you, to outmanoeuvre someone from there......... it's a thing of true beauty..................my opinion.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dereen View Post
    I gotta say I used to be a fan but not so much now, I love MMA as a sport and train as such 3 times a week. My problem with UFC is that it's moving too much towards the TV "knockout" culture, a natural evolution perhaps but I love the groundwork. The strategy of BJJ and the beauty of movement when passing the guard of a decent opponent, or indeed the skill required to calm down and fight well while on your back with someone in full mount and throwing down on you, to outmanoeuvre someone from there......... it's a thing of true beauty..................my opinion.
    IMO fighters are just training more nowadays. The days of BJJ being the best martial art are long gone now that everybody trains everything including BJJ defense. Big fan of Jiu Jitsu myself, but it doesnt seem to be a game changer now. Unless a BJJ guy fights Chael Sonnen lol. As for UFC 131, IMHO it totally kicked ass. Some unreal scraps from top to bottom.

Reviews

Ray, have you still got a copy of mousy's rant about UFC? It was kinda funny !

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by n73 View Post
    Ray, have you still got a copy of mousy's rant about UFC? It was kinda funny !
    Twas funny, but no unfortunately. Dont worry, if he sees this we may get part two.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Twas funny, but no unfortunately. Dont worry, if he sees this we may get part two.
    Is he still posting ? Haven't seen the little ball of fluff on in a while.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234