Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm absolutely sick and tired of the abuse.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dave1dave View Post
    Liking it a lot. The battery life really is outstanding over 10 hours easily.
    Except for its inability to learn new words for the spellcheck and lack of flash. It's a slick machine.

I was torn between Motorolas xoom and this. I'm happy with my choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Great gadget... but hard to get your hands on.... (bit like Denise Babys bum....NOT...lol)
    Thank you gents for the info .:doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Great gadget... but hard to get your hands on.... (bit like Denise Babys bum....NOT...lol)
    A lovely bum it is too

Blog Entries
    Reviews

A lovely bum it is too
    Agree with ya there dave .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Liking it a lot. The battery life really is outstanding over 10 hours easily.
    Except for its inability to learn new words for the spellcheck and lack of flash. It's a slick machine.

I was torn between Motorolas xoom and this. I'm happy with my choice.
    I bought a Xoom and it is a great machine. I prefer the Android platform for it's openness.

That being said I totally agree with you on your choice of favourite picture

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by corm View Post
    I bought a Xoom and it is a great machine. I prefer the Android platform for it's openness.

That being said I totally agree with you on your choice of favourite picture
    Tell me about the xoom... does it run Windows proper? Has it usb ports for extra storage etc... I suppose Im asking is it like a pc in iPad form...

Tell me about the xoom... does it run Windows proper? Has it usb ports for extra storage etc... I suppose Im asking is it like a pc in iPad form...
    The Xoom runs Android. It is fairly similar to the ipad in terms of its ports etc. It does have a slot for a micro SD card though.

There is another tablet called the Asus Transformer that turns into a Netbook. It also runs Android but comes with an optional dock that has a second battery, keyboard, trackpad and usb ports.

See an ad for it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5xW3NhdjqI

The quality of the materials is not as good as the Xoom / ipad but it is about 100yoyo cheaper.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to corm For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (10-06-11)

Reviews

The Xoom runs Android. It is fairly similar to the ipad in terms of its ports etc. It does have a slot for a micro SD card though.

There is another tablet called the Asus Transformer that turns into a Netbook. It also runs Android but comes with an optional dock that has a second battery, keyboard, trackpad and usb ports.

See an ad for it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5xW3NhdjqI

The quality of the materials is not as good as the Xoom / ipad but it is about 100yoyo cheaper.
    Check out the Archos internet tablets, it is a french firm, better known for their multimedia tablets, first to produce tv tuner etc in media players. They have a few higher spec tablets at reasonable prices. archos.com available in some retailers here in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Check out the Archos internet tablets, it is a french firm, better known for their multimedia tablets, first to produce tv tuner etc in media players. They have a few higher spec tablets at reasonable prices. archos.com available in some retailers here in Ireland.
    I have seen the Archos tablets and was not impressed with the build quality. That being said they are great value.

Reviews

I have seen the Archos tablets and was not impressed with the build quality. That being said they are great value.

Has to be said for build quality it is hard to beat Apple.

Agreed. Apple produce quality kit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast