Thread: Help!!/Advice please quickly!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Help!!/Advice please quickly!

Ok to cut to the chase, a week and a half ago i was on my break at work, i bought 2 cans of beer which i was going to drink after work, but i took half of one of the cans while i was on my break in the canteen and got caught by a manager. I was sent home and off work for the rest of the week, got a meeting with manager and owner 6 days later, i got sacked for it, i never had any warnings or anything like that and i was there for 9 months, (had 6 months probation as normal). Anyway he told me last friday when he sacked me that i would be paid whatever money i am owed etc. and that my P45 etc will be sent out in the post. I went to social welfare yesterday and got an appointment for today. I went there today, was asked why i got sacked, i told them exactly why, she said i might not be entitled to any money at all! That i might be disqualified from them completely. She said that i'd be waiting about 2 weeks to hear from them again, and said she needed to contact my employer about it to see if i was telling the truth etc which is normal i think, and he has 7 days to reply back, but i have a feeling that he wont reply to them, as we left on bad terms and i gave him a piece of my mind before i left. Also she said i cud go try my local health board officer and they might give me some money but chances are i might not get it there either, and plus a need my P45 to get money from them but which i am still waiting for.

Now i'm not doubting that what i did was wrong and stupid, i know it was, but can Social Welfare refuse to give me anything at all? And do u think i'd get anything from them at all for my dole or will they just not pay me a penny?
    Last edited by Rod Stewart; 08-06-11 at 13:20.