Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Question couples who look alike

i remember one night in a quiet bar, there were two
    tourist looking people. tall, slim, both had small heads and reddish
    hair. i assumed they were related. later i seen them kissing which kind
    of blew my theory. talking to them later they told me they had met at
    university.

i have read about theories that nature causes people to choose a partner/mate
    that is similar to themselves, in so how this is possible between the opposing sexes.

have you seen examples of this phenomena?

i have included this picture simply because i hold a wholesome affection for her
    as well as many others...

Last edited by warmcome; 07-06-11 at 14:29.

Reviews

Article I read

Would you believe that people who live with each other for 25 years actually develop similar facial features? I don't just mean that people tend to choose partners who resemble them, rather that over time together couple's features actually converge. It's weird, but there's evidence for it from a singular study carried out by the noted psychologist Robert Zajonc and colleagues.
    Here's what they did.

110 participants were shown photographs of men and women in their first year of marriage and of the same couples after 25 years of marriage. Then they were asked to judge their resemblance along with the chance that any man and woman were married to each other. The researchers went to a lot of effort to remove extraneous info and crop photos so that only faces could be seen.
    The types of choices the participants made indicated the perception was that couples became more facially similar after 25 years together. The results could not be explained by people simply all looking the same as they got older. Also, data from a control group indicated participants were indeed making judgements on the basis of facial features rather than any other criteria.
    So this means if you stick around with your partner, you'll end up looking more like them after a couple of decades. Which naturally raises the question: why?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

warmcome (07-06-11)

Reviews

Bit of a resemblence there

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker85 View Post
    Bit of a resemblence there
    hehe, i'll bet he likes the occasional punt!