Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: soccer fans opinion please

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tuam sham View Post
    A solid team if they can keep it together... Robbie keane might be a transfer target I think him and bobby zam would compliment eachother on the pitch!
    He is a good manager and turned them down last year before they appointed Hughes if i remember correct. Some talk aswell that he will make Chris Hughton his number 2 although i think he is in the frame for the Cardiff job.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Martin Jol and I believe Chris Houghton have been re-united (ex Spurs) at Fulham ,
    a great choice I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Martin Jol and I believe Chris Houghton have been re-united (ex Spurs) at Fulham ,
    a great choice I reckon.
    Keane would make a spurs threesome

I see his post at Everton to be as prestigious as the Villa job . David Moyes is the second longest serving manager after Sir.Alex , may be he will hold fire and hope to succeed Fergie.
    Martin O`Neil resigned over Milners transfer to City , or the money for such not available to him. I dont ever see Villa as a top contender hence Moyes will have aspirations that his next move will be to a club that would be. He in my op is a top class manager.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mutley For This Useful Post:

mart (08-06-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    I see his post at Everton to be as prestigious as the Villa job . David Moyes is the second longest serving manager after Sir.Alex , may be he will hold fire and hope to succeed Fergie.
    Martin O`Neil resigned over Milners transfer to City , or the money for such not available to him. I dont ever see Villa as a top contender hence Moyes will have aspirations that his next move will be to a club that would be. He in my op is a top class manager.
    3rd longest after arsen winger. Mr Moyes would be taking a step down by going to villa.
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Reviews

imo the treatment of o'neill was scandalous! he was slowley improving the team and didnt want milner sold,they wouldnt give him the money from the transfer to buy new players.plus villa fans were moaning that the team werent progressing?!.i didnt think when houllier got the job he'd be any good.i think villa should give mark hughes the job,hes the best thats available,plus give him TIME! villa are a HUGE club!as far as i can remember they have a european cup?

jay67

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Yes and no. I think Everton are a club in decline. They have deteriorated progressively each year. At the same time I don't think Villa will be too keen to spalsh the cash. I think Everton would be in a far worse position if they didn't have Moyes. Whereas Villa are a team with a lot of un-utilised potential in my opinion.
    Everton finished 8th last year and 7th this year so deteriorated i dont think so. Everton had a terrible start to the season and came back extremely strong and if they keep there best players will be a force next year.
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Reviews

I was talking in terms of their finances. They don't have the money to replace players such as Arteta, Cahill and Rodwell when he eventually leaves.
    Arteta and Cahill wont be leaving at all so no worries there. Rodwell maybe with Utd and city sniffing but dont think he will leave this summer anyway. True Everton dont have the money but give Moyes £50 million and Everton would be right up there i believe.
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Reviews

I agree, but I don't see the money coming. I think he's an excellent manager.
    Problem is there has been 2 serious bids for Everton in the past year and Kenwright the owner has turned them down as he insisted he stayed on as chairman and that Moyes would not be sacked. Not that he would be sacked but new owners always want there own man. Man city and Blackburn for Example.
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Reviews

Speaking of United, will they ever get a move on with the signings. I'd love to see Sneijder and a Keane type midfielder come in.
    I read today that Sneijder is gone on holiday to decide on Utd or City. Win mesals at Utd or earn millions at city
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast