Thread: Customer Service

Reviews

Angry Customer Service

Where the fuck has the concept of good customer service gone ? Wherever you go these days the standards are absolutely shockingly bad. A particular experience of mine today sparked me off on this thread. Won't bore you with the details but I was left absolutely speechless by the standard of service I received.

Why have standards gone so bad I wonder ? My feeling is that society has lost any respect for itself through greed and easy money this past decade. Nobody gives a flying fuck about anyone else any more, nor does anyone take any pride is a service well provided.

Your thoughts ?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

TomEA (03-06-11)

Reviews

Totally agree, people I reckon are just depressed because the good easy money life has been taken away, they are in withdrawl and they resent working now for less disposable money than what they use to have which bears out on how good they are doing their jobs..

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    Where the fuck has the concept of good customer service gone ? Wherever you go these days the standards are absolutely shockingly bad. A particular experience of mine today sparked me off on this thread. Won't bore you with the details but I was left absolutely speechless by the standard of service I received.

Why have standards gone so bad I wonder ? My feeling is that society has lost any respect for itself through greed and easy money this past decade. Nobody gives a flying fuck about anyone else any more, nor does anyone take any pride is a service well provided.

Your thoughts ?
    Rubbish. You obviously havent met some of the top ladies here.!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ksteve View Post
    Rubbish. You obviously havent met some of the top ladies here.!
    Well .... ok, so there are exceptions !

Reviews

i agree, phone and cable companies worst in my exp,
    and banks...
    and legal profession
    and estate agents
    i think thats it 4 now

Natasha Guest

Totally agree. That's what we aim for in the office, good customer service.. It makes me so mad when I deal with people and they have no manners.. After all, It doesn't cost anything..

Reviews

lower wages 4 people so they dont care now,also no more training 4 new staff,they havnt a clue about cc .they are told to start work and thats it ,businesses wont pay 4 staff to go on courses.i was in clontarf castle avin food bout a year ago.i ordered the stew which came in a bowl.i asked 4 a plate to put the stew on it and when i did i was shocked,im not jokin der was bout 4 pieces of meat and maybe 1 spud broken up in pieces,a bit of soup and some other green things.a baby would eat more so i called the waiter and told her i wasnt happy with the very small portion and she replyed ,,well no one else has ever complained bout it.i was with my mother and we were now even more shocked with what she had just said.i asked 4 the manager and and told her in a nice way what happened and the manager apologised and said none of them are trained. myself and my mother both worked in the cathering business 4 a long time several years ago and if we ever said that to a paying customer der would of been hell to pay.the amount of courses people were made go on years ago and now nothing,

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by itstimenow View Post
    lower wages 4 people so they dont care now,also no more training 4 new staff,they havnt a clue about cc .they are told to start work and thats it ,businesses wont pay 4 staff to go on courses.i was in clontarf castle avin food bout a year ago.i ordered the stew which came in a bowl.i asked 4 a plate to put the stew on it and when i did i was shocked,im not jokin der was bout 4 pieces of meat and maybe 1 spud broken up in pieces,a bit of soup and some other green things.a baby would eat more so i called the waiter and told her i wasnt happy with the very small portion and she replyed ,,well no one else has ever complained bout it.i was with my mother and we were now even more shocked with what she had just said.i asked 4 the manager and and told her in a nice way what happened and the manager apologised and said none of them are trained. myself and my mother both worked in the cathering business 4 a long time several years ago and if we ever said that to a paying customer der would of been hell to pay.the amount of courses people were made go on years ago and now nothing,
    I largely agree with this, downward pressure on wages, fewer people working in companies than twenty years ago, companies outsourcing customer contact etc. I have a recurring experience with mobile provider, continually ringing asking for payment and when I say not yet they suggest I ask a friend or relative for credit card to pay it now....The stupidest thing is when a service provider rings you and asks you to confirm your password or date of birth or whatever, now if I wanted to steal someones identity why wouldn't I ask them the same question..... a bit of common sense needed.

Lets not blame the drones that have been left doing the job while downsizing and lower wages have driven so many good people out of work..... RANT over.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

itstimenow (02-06-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post

Your thoughts ?
    I hear you Banjo and completely feel your frustration. I'm talking about service companies (e.g. tv, electricity, internet providers) and large retail chains.

I think the concept of good customer service left Ireland a long time ago - long before the recession hit. In fact, I think it left during the peak of the boom when some companies were making so much money they didn't give a f*ck about customers.

All, a lot of the above stores or service providers want, is to sell you a product or make you purchase a contract with no concept of after sales care. They don't want to know you after you've handed over the money, especially when something goes wrong with the product.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"