Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: The magic 15

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    cork the real capital
    Posts
    5,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    83

    Default The magic 15

    Unemployment has increased again to 14.8%, how long before it breaks the magic
    15% barrier
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FLUFFY END OF TOWN
    Posts
    36,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Unemployment has increased again to 14.8%, how long before it breaks the magic
    15% barrier
    .3 of a percent.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    18,153
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Next few months... I'd be very surprised if it didn't hit that level by Christmas

    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0601/liveregister.html
    Last edited by ladiesman217; 01-06-11 at 22:07.
    I'm not insane, I'm adorably bonkers!!!

    Frumsp & LDM Industries

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Up to my knees in it
    Posts
    6,051
    Blog Entries
    5
    Reviews
    43

    Default

    Soon I'm affraid, a lot of people hanging by their fingertips. Its going to get worse yet unfortunately.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Unemployment has increased again to 14.8%, how long before it breaks the magic
    15% barrier
    Ireland like the rest of the West has been Milton Friedmaned ''http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/bios/Friedman.html'', so you might want to look to Brazil, Chile, and Argentina for the answer to that question.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Always in the Doghouse
    Posts
    184

    Default

    14.8 % claiming unemployment benefit alas does not equate to 14.8% not working , Tv3 tonight is all about dole cheats / fraud.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    14.8 % claiming unemployment benefit alas does not equate to 14.8% not working , Tv3 tonight is all about dole cheats / fraud.
    Blame it on the little guy, right? But at least he's spending his ill-gotten gains in the country; you can't say the same for the ones who really got you into this mess.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,139
    Reviews
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    Blame it on the little guy, right? But at least he's spending his ill-gotten gains in the country; you can't say the same for the ones who really got you into this mess.
    for once anita, i completely agree with you!!!!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    Blame it on the little guy, right? But at least he's spending his ill-gotten gains in the country; you can't say the same for the ones who really got you into this mess.
    Bingo, can anyone explain this one (story from England)?
    http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/10/467024.html

    The question is, who owns Vodafone?...... or, who does Vodafone own?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akasomeoneelse View Post
    Bingo, can anyone explain this one (story from England)?
    http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/10/467024.html

    The question is, who owns Vodafone?...... or, who does Vodafone own?
    I think it's called 'Totalitarianism', but with a corporate face; corporations don't need governments, it's the other way around now. If corporations provide the jobs that governments can then tax its citizens, why should corporation pay taxes? Taxes are for the 'Little people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •