Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no reaction ?

Reviews

Default Why no reaction ?

An Irish speed ramp is all it took to immobilise Obamas car. Why has that incident gone largely unnoticed ?? Even if only to ridicule it ?

Look up the details of the car if you're so inclined. It fitted with something like 5 inched of military grade armour plating, has its own self contained climate sealed off from the outside, can run on flat tyres, bullit proof glass so thick that very little natural light gets in, has rocket launchers of some sort, plus other toys.

And yet it's all rendered useless by a ramp that it got beached on. Plus I wasn't impressed by the SS guys who took ages to react in the first place, then kinda stood around looking at the car, scratching their heads for a while. They're the bloody SS for gods sake. Shouldn't they have a well drilled routine for what to do when the car gets wedged on a ramp ??!

Anyway, scarcely a word about it in the news or the papers. Why ?? Because if I were the guy responsible for presidential transport safety I think I should be fired.

Ive seen a youtube video,friend of mine posted on facebook...but i find it funny spent hell a lot on security,so this kind of mistake is unacceptable...!
    Good bye Ireland!

3. Default

Did it not occur on American soil?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

If the ramp didn't get it a pot hole would have eventually .: lol
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    An Irish speed ramp is all it took to immobilise Obamas car. Why has that incident gone largely unnoticed ?? Even if only to ridicule it ?

Look up the details of the car if you're so inclined. It fitted with something like 5 inched of military grade armour plating, has its own self contained climate sealed off from the outside, can run on flat tyres, bullit proof glass so thick that very little natural light gets in, has rocket launchers of some sort, plus other toys.

And yet it's all rendered useless by a ramp that it got beached on. Plus I wasn't impressed by the SS guys who took ages to react in the first place, then kinda stood around looking at the car, scratching their heads for a while. They're the bloody SS for gods sake. Shouldn't they have a well drilled routine for what to do when the car gets wedged on a ramp ??!

Anyway, scarcely a word about it in the news or the papers. Why ?? Because if I were the guy responsible for presidential transport safety I think I should be fired.

The secret service must have experience with all sorts of terrorist threats and murder plots on the president. But only in Ireland will the presidents special car get stuck on a ramp coming out of their own embassy! As I said - only in Ireland! Bet you the secret service wasn't prepared for that!!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (27-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    The secret service must have experience with all sorts of terrorist threats and murder plots on the president. But only in Ireland will the presidents special car get stuck on a ramp coming out of their own embassy! As I said - only in Ireland! Bet you the secret service wasn't prepared for that!!
    Well in fairness, cars in America are like twice the size they are here. lol
    Don't discriminate. Hate EVERYONE equally!

As good old Benny once said: "Peace on earth and goodwill to all men and women..... and LDM"

LDM reserves the right to hijack all threads and call everyone a cunt!

Blog Entries

The video of it happening is hilarious, best bit though is the Guard on the right of screen doing one of these when the can halts

Reviews

Good post. I was wondering the same thing. Along with the $60 million helicopter that couldn't take off again because of 12ft high walls in Osama's compound, not a good few weeks for American hi-tech toys.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record 2-time E-I Fantasy Football Champion 2010/11, 2013/14
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reviews

To be fair it was only a decoy car,the pres had left in another car prior to this happening.The car had five inch doors and it weighed a ton so it wasn't really that shocking that it failed to get up the ramp.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Here is a detailed drawing of the car.Note the description of the driver.

The Truth is out there.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

jammy69 (26-05-11), realdeal (27-05-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast