Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airlines - worst experience

Default Airlines - worst experience

What was your worst experience with an airline and which one was it ?
    Mine was with Southafrican Airways and they boarded 7 people more then they had seats on the plane , what resulted in 7 people unboarding and 24 hours wait for the next flight without any garantie for seat ! I was lucky and got rescued by KLM . Found out later that SAA is selling confirmed bookings for cash !
    Last edited by sweethomes; 26-05-11 at 19:16.
    the girl from next door

Reviews

1) Delta Airlines: half of holiday items purchased were broken (all of which were well wrapped) and half our luggage was missing... Did get a portion of lost luggage back about 2 weeks later, most was lost though.

2) Continental Airlines: food was inedible, seats were unbearable and both inbound + outbound flights were delayed by several hours due to technical problems with the plane.

Needless to say I haven't travelled with them ever since, nor will I ever...
    Last edited by ladiesman217; 26-05-11 at 19:19.
    Don't discriminate. Hate EVERYONE equally!

As good old Benny once said: "Peace on earth and goodwill to all men and women..... and LDM"

LDM reserves the right to hijack all threads and call everyone a cunt!

Reviews

Easyjet without a doubt. Had a 6am flight a while ago, so got to the airport at 5am. Went throught all the check-in BS, only to be told in the departure lounge 20 minutes before take-off "this flight is cancelled as there is no aircrew available to fly the aircraft".
    I mean WTF!!!
    Think I'll stick to BMI from now on.
    Last edited by theqm; 26-05-11 at 19:26.

that cheap flight i got from ryanair was a mistake....

Last edited by benin; 26-05-11 at 19:30.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    that cheap flight i got from ryanair was a mistake....

Who are you trying to con?? lol

Don't discriminate. Hate EVERYONE equally!

As good old Benny once said: "Peace on earth and goodwill to all men and women..... and LDM"

LDM reserves the right to hijack all threads and call everyone a cunt!

Dont tease him to much ...
    Last edited by sweethomes; 26-05-11 at 20:09. Reason: wrong pic
    the girl from next door

American Airlines
    New York-Cancun flight,very old Boeing, maybe i was in a bad mood,or just tired as i was flying from Dublin...but had a really bad vibe just couldnt wait for landing....i love to fly anyway
    Good bye Ireland!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

sweethomes (26-05-11)

I have had so many it is quite funny at this stage. The one that stands out was one in Cape Verde to San Santiago when we boarded the cessna type plane with only a man and a chicken in a cage and what looked to be very like a human metarsal bone around his neck. Six seats, one hour, and no seat belt sign later, when we hit turbulance I actually remembered a full novena. Happy days

And a recent one, this morning, I went to terminal two instead of terminal one and missed my fecking flight. And then Aer Lingus laughed at me and charged me 75 euro. Gosh, I love flying. They strip you, demoralise you, make you queue to infinity and laugh. But you pay
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 26-05-11 at 21:11.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

sweethomes (26-05-11), Vindictus (27-05-11)

I've flown on a regular basis for years around the world & have been very lucky, only lost luggage once & got it 2 days later. Once Aer Lingus bringing me back in Dublin, landed so hard I briefly thought I'd broken a tooth but was fine.

speaking of feathered beasts...
    (Following is offered for humour & not intended to be xenophobic in any way) ..I'm reminded of reading a travel blog back in the 1990s researching airlines for a long haul to Asia & coming across some entries for Air India, many posts were negative: "planes smell bad", "food awful" etc..but then I came across one that just goes to show everybodies perspective is different.. to paraphrase:
    " Air India is the best airline I have ever flown on in my entire life- you can smoke cigars, you can play football on-board, you can bring your pet chicken with you and the chap next to me shared a delicious curry"
    Last edited by Franken996; 26-05-11 at 21:18.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franken996 For This Useful Post:

Stella (26-05-11), sweethomes (26-05-11)

PMSL playing football on board i loved that...
    Good bye Ireland!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast