Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: competitions

Reviews

Default competitions

would it be better to have competitions that you could actually quantify a result as opposed to just one person picking out the winner? the football and rugby ones were good, although maybe not everyones cup of tea. wasn't thre even a lotto one?

while i appreciate that it really is just a bit of fun, i do think that there should be more of a system than say the result being left up to the personal preference of one person. that what made the footie comps more fair. im not saying i dont trust magicalman (i actually think he is one of the most decent and fair minded posters here) but a better system would be fairer for all.
    see you next tuesday

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Something I'd say magic would look into .
    On the last comp thought magic did a good job , no matter what photo was selected wasn't going to please everyone .
    doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

absolutely...would be impossible to please everyone. i certainly understand that.
    see you next tuesday

Reviews

Ah.... bhoy will ya stop... Its only a bitta fun. I got so much entertainment viewing all the entries. It doesnt matter really who wins... does it?

Blog Entries

got to agree with bhoywonder, I feel a competition that is based on one persons view is more of a lottery than anything else. I think the winning pic was far from funny and I'd even guess that BIGTYM2010 would agree that plenty more of his entries were far funnier. I'm not disagreeing with the person that won (as he submitted loads that made me LOL) but just with the fact that the winning image was not funny IMO.

comp results should be quantifiable or in the case of the May comp maybe a selection of images could be voted on by the mods/managers

That being said obviously magic has an awful sense of humor

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

10inchesandcounting (26-05-11)

Reviews

im not getting me thong in a twist over it. just think it would be worth taking into consideration, is all.
    the footie and rugby ones were great i thought as it left everyone in no doubt as to who the winner was. but then sport isn't everyones cup of tea, so what do you do then? again no pleasing everyone!!
    and like your self james, i did get a good giggle out of the comp thread. some were very funny indeed. but there mighnt be any harm in tweaking things, or even discussing it, would there? i think magicalman is the right man for the job, and whatever he decides i'll go with it
    see you next tuesday

Put these ideas to magic, im sure he will at the least look into them for you.
    On the other hand, the competitions he is doing lately are good because everyoone is getting involved,
    where as, as you were saying most comps you can quantify dont apppeal to everyone, football or rugby. not everyone would get satisfaction from this.

Magics may competition gave everyone the chance to laugh and have people laugh at your pictures, which was the main point aswell as it being a competition.
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeepingTom View Post
    Put these ideas to magic, im sure he will at the least look into them for you.
    On the other hand, the competitions he is doing lately are good because everyoone is getting involved,
    where as, as you were saying most comps you can quantify dont apppeal to everyone, football or rugby. not everyone would get satisfaction from this.

Magics may competition gave everyone the chance to laugh and have people laugh at your pictures, which was the main point aswell as it being a competition.
    agree wholeheartedly, I find the sports comps usually require too much forethought so it's a lot easier for people to enter comps like the May one.

Reviews

I would also agree with the posts above. Magic's comps are getting everyone involved which is great for everyone.
    Last edited by lovethegirls; 26-05-11 at 15:33.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

You know, Nicole and I did also vote for the previous competitions with Magic (for March and April), so perhaps we should continue doing it again? We wanted to give Magic the chance to make the competitions area his own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast