Thread: List of airlines banned within the EU

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default List of airlines banned within the EU

Though, it could be interessting for people like me, who fly a lot...

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/list_en.htm

Reviews

I took a look at it. That's a large (but not surprising) list Jessica! More than half the those airlines listed are based in Sub-Saharan Africa, the rest are either former Soviet Republics or parts of Oceania or South east Asia. I can completely understand if the EU has an issue with their safety standards! Also, there's probably other factors, like the protection of markets and limited or no competition; it's in the best interests of the few airlines that actually do fly to those estinations to keep away other airlines from offering competing routes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cable87 View Post
    I took a look at it. That's a large (but not surprising) list Jessica! More than half the those airlines listed are based in Sub-Saharan Africa, the rest are either former Soviet Republics or parts of Oceania or South east Asia. I can completely understand if the EU has an issue with their safety standards! Also, there's probably other factors, like the protection of markets and limited or no competition; it's in the best interests of the few airlines that actually do fly to those estinations to keep away other airlines from offering competing routes.
    There was a program on last year about the airlines in Indonesia giving out about not being allowed to fly to the EU, turned out that they have the worst record out of any country for airline safety and planes just seem to drop out of the sky on a daily basis.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    There was a program on last year about the airlines in Indonesia giving out about not being allowed to fly to the EU, turned out that they have the worst record out of any country for airline safety and planes just seem to drop out of the sky on a daily basis.
    (Cable87 Thanks Monster_monster for this useful post-- since there's no 'Thanks' button at the moment!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cable87 View Post
    (Cable87 Thanks Monster_monster for this useful post-- since there's no 'Thanks' button at the moment!)
    (monster_monster appreciates Cable87's thanks for his useful post)

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Jessica View Post
    Though, it could be interessting for people like me, who fly a lot...

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/list_en.htm
    Top work it could be v..important

think i will buy mousey a few flights in indonesia
    Last edited by Alec Horan; 26-05-11 at 17:20.