Thread: Bigger gate tonight (Football question, so if you don't like Football don't look)

Default Bigger gate tonight (Football question, so if you don't like Football don't look)

Last nights match Republic of Ireland V Northern Ireland attracted a crowd of approximately 35 will tonight's game Scotland V Wales attract a bigger crowd?

Secondly why was last nights gate so pathetically low.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Reviews

from what i hear it had something to do with the northern irish fans were told they had to use a certin bus and it was going to cost them and they couldnt use buses that they had booked themselfs something to do with complaints from locals about the buses parking all over the place and so the northern irish fans desided not to bother comming down or so i have been told.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    Last nights match Republic of Ireland V Northern Ireland attracted a crowd of approximately 35 will tonight's game Scotland V Wales attract a bigger crowd?

Secondly why was last nights gate so pathetically low.

CG
    Last night's match was a glorified friendly and with the English premier league ending a couple of days beforehand, the match was never gonna have the big names or be played the way an Ireland v Northern Ireland match should be.
    Just look at the lineups ffs.

Rep of Ireland: Given (Forde 72), McShane, Ward, Kelly, Delaney, Coleman (Lawrence 55), Andrews, Foley (Hunt 70), Treacy, Keane (Keogh 62), Cox. Subs Not Used: St Ledger, O'Dea, Randolph.

Northern Ireland: Blayney, Thompson, Cathcart, McAuley, Hodson, Carson (McGinn 73), Clingan, Davis (Garrett 76), Gorman (Coates 55), Feeney (Boyce 73), McQuoid (Norwood 46). Subs Not Used: Tuffey, Winchester, Dallas, Owens.

Several Ireland players i've never heard of and as for the Northern Ireland team.. I recognise one name in there.

Who'd waste good money paying for a ticket to watch that tripe..

Reviews

the northern "fans" caused alot of trouble before and after their last game against scotland in the aviva,so for security reasons they planned to bus them in to the ground and once the game was over bus them straight out again!,the bus company given the contract were charging 35 sterling for the run.

in my opinion this carling nations cup wont last too long,people are gonna keep their few quid for going to important games,or to follow the clubs they support

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by spur View Post
    I was at game it was the worst supported game i've been too.The problem is the price of the ticket.Althought it was only 30 euro in last it is the amount of games we are playing.We have scotland on sunday which should be a good game so maybe people held off going until then.I can't see why the F.A.I did not do a deal for the two games.The offer they came up with was buy 2 tickets 1 for the north and the other for scotland games and get in free for the north v wales game.Not much of an offer.
    Agree if they used there heads they would have done a deal for the two games. Seemed feck all there last night from Wales. Though in fairness travel to see Wales i wouldnt
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96