Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat phobic?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fat phobic?

Recently, I have had several comments aimed at me about my weight, calling me fat, ugly etc etc. Luckily for me I have no real issue with this, as I am quite happy with myself. But it got me thinking, this is the kind of hideous prejudice some people live with daily. What are your thoughts? Are you a secret 'fatist'? Why is this the first insult people come out with?
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

sperminater (27-05-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Recently, I have had several comments aimed at me about my weight, calling me fat, ugly etc etc. Luckily for me I have no real issue with this, as I am quite happy with myself. But it got me thinking, this is the kind of hideous prejudice some people live with daily. What are your thoughts? Are you a secret 'fatist'? Why is this the first insult people come out with?
    It just shows lack of intelligence and maturity if thats the only insult they can come up with. Sticks and stones......
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (26-05-11)

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    It just shows lack of intelligence and maturity if thats the only insult they can come up with. Sticks and stones......

I am most upset right now. Infact, I am, crying into my profiterole pyramid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    when is the thanks button coming back ? xx thanks mellors for comment xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mature abby For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (26-05-11)

Thanks all, you all cheered me up

Reviews

I remember seeing Alison Moyet pass me on the street many years ago, she would have been considered fat at the time, but I can safely say it is the first time a beautiful woman made me physically catch my breath. It is impossible to make generalisations about weight etc and people who do show their own narrow mindedness and indeed their own failure to enjoy people for what they are and not what they preconcieve them to be. I would urge everyone to try and be happy with what you have fat or thin, tall or small there are things you can improve but nobodys perfect.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (26-05-11)

Reviews

God Lucy - that's terrible. We haven't met, but from your photos I'd never call you fat. I think people just have very unrealistic expectations of body image these days. Personally, I like someone to look 'normal'. a too extreme figure - silicone etc - just doesn't look natural.

What was the new statistics - 25% of Ireland is obese (or something like that). If people have a problem with fat people, they have a problem with a lot of their neighbours.

Don't let it get you down... :-)
    Retired from punting, yet still here?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jammy69 For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (26-05-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Christ Luce where's that coming from , I've meet you and I found no such thing with you .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (26-05-11)

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    Christ Luce where's that coming from , I've meet you and I found no such thing with you .: doc
    Ah Doc its long and boring. Lately a few people have decided it is the way to glory, to call me a fat cunt. Hey ho

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Ah Doc its long and boring. Lately a few people have decided it is the way to glory, to call me a fat cunt. Hey ho
    Lucy, I would say that someone thinks it's a touchy subject and play that fiddle to get a rise out of you. These are people that live in Cuckoo Land and it makes me question how interesting their lives are to invest so much time in doing so. You have to feel sorry for them really...

Given the number of views and responses already, it would seem apparent that more people here care about you and admire you than you think; without sounding like I'm trying to give you some sort of 'pick-you-up-pep-talk', you're one of the good ones; bollocks to them. I've never thought you were fat... it's never crossed my mind, nor would it bother me if you were. Your pictures don't depict that anyway.
    Last edited by samlad; 21-05-11 at 22:20.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (26-05-11)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast