Thread: We dont learn in rip off Ireland do we?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Thumbs down We dont learn in rip off Ireland do we?

We keep hearing the Hotel Federation of Ireland bitching about how our tourism numbers are away back and how they have been offering great value of late with reduced rates.
    Ok so what happens ? The Europa cup comes to town and immediately they increase the rates
    for hotel rooms to between 130 euro and 200 euro. A guy even came on representing the
    hotels and justified it by saying we were giving great value but when u get the opportunity
    u must stick it to people basically.
    So to recap we are trying to get tourists to come here, bitch when they dont and suddenly
    when they come we rip em off so they can go back home and tell everyone how they were
    screwed here. Am i the only one that sees this as a fairly short termed and blinkered outlook?
    It really appears we have learnt nothing and that we are just waiting for the merry go round
    to start up so we can jump on board again
    Last edited by ber; 18-05-11 at 21:29.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

El Gordo (19-05-11), mature abby (18-05-11), Morpheus (18-05-11), wanted the best 69 (19-05-11)

ohh goody another price thread...lol

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    We keep hearing the Hotel Federation of Ireland bitching about how our tourism numbers are away back and how they have been offering great value of late with reduced rates.
    Ok so what happens ? The Europa cup comes to and immediately they increase the rates
    for hotel rooms to between 130 euro and 200 euro. A guy even came on representing the
    hotels and justified it by saying we were giving great value but when u get the opportunity
    u must stick it to people basically.
    So to recap we are trying to get tourists to come here, bitch when they dont and suddenly
    when they come we rip em off so they can go back home and tell everyone how they were
    screwed here. Am i the only one that sees this as a fairly short termed and blinkered outlook?
    It really appears we have learnt nothing and that we are just waiting for the merry go round
    to start up so we can jump on board again

You might be the one person Ber, who's just summed up the problem with our economic recovery!!!! Thank you.

A cup of coffee where I work costs 2.50 euro!! (It was 1.60 euro before the recession!!!). Go figure????
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Would agree with the op . Recession has a while to go yet I fear .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Blog Entries

well summed up ber, it's the usual rhetoric from the hotel industry, it wouldn't surprise me if pints in Dublin were EUR8 tonight just to jump on the bandwagon.

The tourist industry in this country is just awful and really needs to have a proper look at itself