Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Escorts opting out.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,919
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    33

    Default Escorts opting out.

    The Deleted reviews thread got me thinking.

    When an escort opts out when retiring ect. Then her reviews are gone from public view.

    I can see them when I look in the 'My reviews' section and they are marked that the escort has opted out.
    But surely these reviews should be still visible to others wishing to view my reviews ?

    As they are still reviews I have written, the encounters still happened.
    Just because the escort opts out doesn't mean it didn't happen.

    I mean by all means remove the escorts profile link / name, maybe to replace with escort opted out, but the review should still stand as it is written by the reviewer and still helps build a picture of the reviewer.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dave1dave For This Useful Post:

    feargal (18-05-11), GriffW (18-05-11)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ten thousand miles away
    Posts
    951
    Reviews
    21

    Default

    Your points are good points and they are well made.

    However, I feel that they are outweighed by the need to respect an escort's decision to opt out for any reason.

    Perhaps she has retired and simply wants to put that part of her life out of her mind completely. That will be harder for her if the reviews are still visible. After all, she will still know that they are about her and her feelings are important.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,919
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharkskin View Post
    Your points are good points and they are well made.

    However, I feel that they are outweighed by the need to respect an escort's decision to opt out for any reason.

    Perhaps she has retired and simply wants to put that part of her life out of her mind completely. That will be harder for her if the reviews are still visible. After all, she will still know that they are about her and her feelings are important.
    That's why I suggested the escorts name be removed after they opt out.

    But the reality is though, once an escort has put a profile on the Internet it will always be accessible in some form or other even if they delete it and the photos, through sites like way back when ect..

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,988
    Reviews
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1dave View Post
    The Deleted reviews thread got me thinking.

    When an escort opts out when retiring ect. Then her reviews are gone from public view.

    I can see them when I look in the 'My reviews' section and they are marked that the escort has opted out.
    But surely these reviews should be still visible to others wishing to view my reviews ?

    As they are still reviews I have written, the encounters still happened.
    Just because the escort opts out doesn't mean it didn't happen.

    I mean by all means remove the escorts profile link / name, maybe to replace with escort opted out, but the review should still stand as it is written by the reviewer and still helps build a picture of the reviewer.
    This was pretty much the reason for my poll, which showed an 82% in favour of keeping reviews. Some people will say I didn't phrase the options well, but I feel the theme was borne out in the thread overall.

    I agree with you competely.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wexford
    Posts
    40
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    I think if an escort opts out of reviews then there's a clear reason to avoid them... a Great escort has LOTS of great reviews over bad ones... The escorts with NO review option, I'd be very cautious of.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    842
    Reviews
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1dave View Post
    The Deleted reviews thread got me thinking.

    When an escort opts out when retiring ect. Then her reviews are gone from public view.

    I can see them when I look in the 'My reviews' section and they are marked that the escort has opted out.
    But surely these reviews should be still visible to others wishing to view my reviews ?

    As they are still reviews I have written, the encounters still happened.
    Just because the escort opts out doesn't mean it didn't happen.

    I mean by all means remove the escorts profile link / name, maybe to replace with escort opted out, but the review should still stand as it is written by the reviewer and still helps build a picture of the reviewer.
    I think it is only right that if an escort retires, the review is retired.
    Also, IMO, it is only right that an Opt Out option also exists.

    I do have an issue whereby a negative review is submitted, the escort opts out and a new profile appears shortly afterwards for the same lady...minus the review....

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    18,153
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFussy View Post
    I think it is only right that if an escort retires, the review is retired.
    Also, IMO, it is only right that an Opt Out option also exists.

    I do have an issue whereby a negative review is submitted, the escort opts out and a new profile appears shortly afterwards for the same lady...minus the review....
    Completely agree with you.
    I'm not insane, I'm adorably bonkers!!!

    © Frumsp & LDM Industries

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In a cathouse
    Posts
    3,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFussy View Post
    I do have an issue whereby a negative review is submitted, the escort opts out and a new profile appears shortly afterwards for the same lady...minus the review....
    I think we all have an issue with that, but that's already against the rules.

    “I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Being Naughty xxx
    Posts
    5,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wexlad82 View Post
    I think if an escort opts out of reviews then there's a clear reason to avoid them... a Great escort has LOTS of great reviews over bad ones... The escorts with NO review option, I'd be very cautious of.
    I couldn't disagree more, I opted out of reviews purely for personal reasons a while back, all my reviews are positive, there was nothing untoward about my decision. If the reviews that had already been submitted were allowed to stay on my profile I would not have opted back into accepting reviews. I opted back into allowing reviews because of the adverse opinion towards girls who do not allow reviews, I felt that I had no choice but to allow reviews again. At one stage there was even a member of this site trying to get girls who didn't allow reviews banned from advertising. We have a right to opt out of reviews. It's wrong to make a sweeping generalization that if girls dont allow reviews that they are 'bad'.

    Sandy x

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    842
    Reviews
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I think we all have an issue with that, but that's already against the rules.
    Don't mention the rules....

    I believe there is a rule whereby if you submit a review of a lady...it replaces a previous one...but what if the lady has had 2 or more profiles...and you submit a review on the latest profile after a visit...they are not replaced....I have about 4 of these..

    Also the fact that if an escort Ad profile is taken over...the review is moved, eventhough the profile is of a different lady....happened to me recently where I reviewed TS Monica Garcia...profile was taken over by a TV...now the review is gone...

    Clear rules would be good to know.....just so I am sure of which ones I am breaking..lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •