Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Govt to review Taxi industry

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    At the moment the taxi industry is a joke half the drivers don't know where they are going I got into a taxi a month ago told the driver where I wanted to go his reply you direct I drive ffs it takes half an hour to get from georges street up to Camden street on a Saturday night it like the carlsberg add on a saturday night. But on a serious note there should be an investigation into the nct giving a licence to a car that is not roadworthy is playing around with lives.
    Ahh yeah happened with me and maybe all of us....once in my early days took a cab and told the the adress to the driver....he asked me where is this??????i was like ok I have no clue thats why I took a cab, at the end he was nice and gave me few eur discount, but still Dublin is not Paris or New York!!!!
    Good bye Ireland!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

Fitzy (18-05-11)

Blog Entries

It's worth noting that as a customer we have the right to choose the taxi we travel in (Link to Taxi Regulator). So if don't like the look of the first taxi in the rank for any reason (I refuse to get into a taxi more than 4 years old - I know, I'm a prick) don't be afraid to skip it and get into a car of your choice. OK, it may cause a little bit of agro at the rank between the drivers but at the end of the day I don't want to be stuck in some untidy banger with the smell of stale cigarette smoke.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    It's worth noting that as a customer we have the right to choose the taxi we travel in (Link to Taxi Regulator). So if don't like the look of the first taxi in the rank for any reason (I refuse to get into a taxi more than 4 years old - I know, I'm a prick) don't be afraid to skip it and get into a car of your choice. OK, it may cause a little bit of agro at the rank between the drivers but at the end of the day I don't want to be stuck in some untidy banger with the smell of stale cigarette smoke.
    Very true but a lot off people don't know that and feel they have to get into the first car on the rank.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    Very true but a lot off people don't know that and feel they have to get into the first car on the rank.
    Hopefully as more people hear about it, it will spur taxi drivers in pieces of junk to update them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12