Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: all cops on liz watch??

Reviews

Default all cops on liz watch??

so the news (police commissioner) says the entire countrys police force is working on keeping liz safe! (from who??!!)
    where does that leave ordinary citizens, and isnt it a licence for the ganglands in dublin and limerick to finish off a few feuds?

Reviews

well as Adam's said, chillingly "they haven't gone away, you know"
    and we seen a policeman killed only a few weeks ago.

but i suppose all jewellers and banks are at more risk. i'm sure the garda
    will use their budget sparingly and not make an OT fest out of it.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    well as Adam's said, chillingly "they haven't gone away, you know"
    and we seen a policeman killed only a few weeks ago.

but i suppose all jewellers and banks are at more risk. i'm sure the garda
    will use their budget sparingly and not make an OT fest out of it.
    sarcasm surely man?!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kelso For This Useful Post:

warmcome (13-05-11)

Reviews

Yes I'd worry about what might go on while all the guards backs are turned. I feel like staying at home with the doors locked for the duration of VIP visitors stays.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

This whole thing is now bordering the ridicolous, we as a nation are broke and yet the security for this is to cost 30 million euro,
    there is also going to be a loss to the economy by the closing of places such as Dublin Zoo etc, alot of offices etc along the
    route have been told to remain closed. Access to the city centres of both Dublin and Cork is going to be severly restricted, which
    surely will result in more loss of Buisness.
    Finally a thing i have a big issue with is that Gardai will be randomly searching pedesterians, i think it would be fairly demeaning
    and embarassing to be stopped and frisked in the middle of the street all in the name of protecting a queen from a monarchy
    that most people dont agree with. It is as if she has still a power over us to have us treated as serfs or peasants
    Last edited by ber; 13-05-11 at 21:33.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

kelly curvybabe (14-05-11)

Reviews

Whats worse is we will be footing the bill for obama,considering how much shit we are in and the gov constantly telling us we have no money where 30million plus has come out of is baffling....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kelso View Post
    so the news (police commissioner) says the entire countrys police force is working on keeping liz safe! (from who??!!)
    where does that leave ordinary citizens, and isnt it a licence for the ganglands in dublin and limerick to finish off a few feuds?
    who? liz hilton?????
    see you next tuesday

10. Default

*Disclaimer* I'm ignoring nationalities/ prejudices here.

Any stupid state visit which costs so much to a bankrupt country (and worse that previously thought accoring to the EU's press release yesterday) is simply rediculous. Can anyone give one benefit of any of these visits?

I didn't think so. I'm looking forward to Ireland explaining these when they apply (and get turned down) for another EU bailout in 2013.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    This whole thing is now bordering the ridicolous, we as a nation are broke and yet the security for this is to cost 30 million euro,
    there is also going to be a loss to the economy by the closing of places such as Dublin Zoo etc, alot of offices etc along the
    route have been told to remain closed. Access to the city centres of both Dublin and Cork is going to be severly restricted, which
    surely will result in more loss of Buisness.
    Finally a thing i have a big issue with is that Gardai will be randomly searching pedesterians, i think it would be fairly demeaning
    and embarassing to be stopped and frisked in the middle of the street all in the name of protecting a queen from a monarchy
    that most people dont agree with. It is as if she has still a power over us to have us treated as serfs or peasants
    could not agree more

Reviews

for what the security will cost, we could service Ireland's debt
    for @ 12 hrs so i think the cost pales into insignificance.

at least we cannot blame HM for the present f*ck up, it was irish
    people that managed that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast