Thread: Lennon attacked by Hearts fan

Blog Entries
    Reviews

what happened to the clip???
    a thousand kisses deep..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Hardgear View Post
    what happened to the clip???
    I made a mistake when posting it Doozer has it up on the second post.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lovethegirls For This Useful Post:

Ric Hardgear (13-05-11)

I feel so sorry for Neil and his family. I’ve had the privilege to meet him a couple of times and I can tell you you’ll never meet and nicer softly spoken guy who just lives for football. The guy doesn’t deserve this.

I think people have to remember he’s had to put up with this sectarian crap for over a decade now. The authorities should have taken this whole thing a lot more serious a long time ago, thankfully are now but its taken the guy to have been nearly killed for this to happen. 10 years now since the UVF / UFF said they’d murder him, then he was viciously assaulted in the street in 2008 by Rangers fans, nothing was ever really done its a total disgrace. Its taken bombs and bullets in the post for the police and figures in authority to speak up and back the man. The fella is now living in a safe house under 24 hour protection, how can he and his family live like this and go on?

As much as I love the guy and everything he’s done for our club I wouldn’t be annoyed whatsoever in fact I actually hope he does leave the club, he doesn’t need this all he wants to do is be a football manager he’d get a job at any club in England I’m sure.

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

Doozer (12-05-11), ladiesman217 (12-05-11), lovethegirls (12-05-11), skyliner (13-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    I feel so sorry for Neil and his family. I’ve had the privilege to meet him a couple of times and I can tell you you’ll never meet and nicer softly spoken guy who just lives for football. The guy doesn’t deserve this.

I think people have to remember he’s had to put up with this sectarian crap for over a decade now. The authorities should have taken this whole thing a lot more serious a long time ago, thankfully are now but its taken the guy to have been nearly killed for this to happen. 10 years now since the UVF / UFF said they’d murder him, then he was viciously assaulted in the street in 2008 by Rangers fans, nothing was ever really done its a total disgrace. Its taken bombs and bullets in the post for the police and figures in authority to speak up and back the man. The fella is now living in a safe house under 24 hour protection, how can he and his family live like this and go on?

As much as I love the guy and everything he’s done for our club I wouldn’t be annoyed whatsoever in fact I actually hope he does leave the club, he doesn’t need this all he wants to do is be a football manager he’d get a job at any club in England I’m sure.

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.
    Ive met him myself John with my Brother. We went to Scotland to see a band and decided to do the Celtic stadium tour. While in the trophy room the lad doing the tour phoned and asked if Neil Lennon was around. With that he came in and posed for photos with everyone there. Great guy. Heard today he got another bullet sent to him this morning and has a panic button in his house. I just cant see how he can continue. He has to put his family and his safety first.
    Last edited by lovethegirls; 12-05-11 at 18:56.
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lovethegirls For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (12-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by daftscouser View Post
    With the greatest respect, but we dont want you in the English leagues thanks! The sectarian songs will still be sang and the religious hatred will still be there. Thanks, but thats one export we dont want from Scotland/Ireland!!

And before I get hammered for this view, I wouldnt Rangers in teh English leagues for exactly the same reason!!
    right name these 'sectarian' song's that celtic fans sing???.nothing like being UP TO OUR KNEES IN FENIAN BLOOD! or singing about child abuse!!.yes there are some nasty elements in a minoroty of the celtic support but what club hasnt??.
    lennon was a bhoyhood celtic fan so he's that bit more passionate about the club!!nobody should get this type of crap for doing their job!!

the league with two teams?? whats the la liga then??

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jay67 For This Useful Post:

JohnRambo (12-05-11)

The only reason why Neil Lennon gets the shit that he does is as simple as this, he’s a Catholic from Lurgan who played for Northern Ireland and made the decision to play for Celtic at the same time because Martin O’Neill wanted him when he went to Celtic also.

If Celtic are such a sectarian club I don’t understand how UEFA have given their supports countless awards for their fans amazing behaviour away from home in European games over the years, compare that to Rangers this season alone. Their fans behaviour has been so bad this season alone they may have to play next seasons home games behind closed doors and their fans not been allowed to travel to away games.

Last thing, I’m sick of this two team thing people talk about in Scotland. Apart from Barca and Real how many other clubs really have a chance of winning the league in Spain. Portugal, Belgium and Holland are the same also with poor leagues where only two or three teams have a real chance of winning there leagues every year.
    Last edited by JohnRambo; 12-05-11 at 22:32.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

jay67 (12-05-11), lovethegirls (12-05-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    The only reason why Neil Lennon gets the shit that he does is as simple as this, he’s a Catholic from Lurgan who played for Northern Ireland and made the decision to play for Celtic at the same time because Martin O’Neill wanted him when he went to Celtic also.

If Celtic are such a sectarian club I don’t understand how UEFA have given their supports countless awards for their fans amazing behaviour away from home in European games over the years, compare that to Rangers this season alone. Their fans behaviour has been so bad this season alone they may have to play next seasons home games behind closed doors and their fans not been allowed to travel to away games.

Last thing, I’m sick of this two team thing people talk about in Scotland. Apart from Barca and Real how many other clubs really have a chance of winning the league in Spain. Portugal, Belgium and Holland are the same also with poor leagues where only two or three teams have a real chance of winning there leagues every year.
    John you are right in everything you say mate. And i mean everything.
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovethegirls For This Useful Post:

jay67 (12-05-11), JohnRambo (12-05-11)

Reviews

Who was the league between this year. O yeah Man U and Man U. 1 SEASON LEAGUE.
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Quote Originally Posted by daftscouser View Post
    With the greatest respect, but we dont want you in the English leagues thanks! The sectarian songs will still be sang and the religious hatred will still be there. Thanks, but thats one export we dont want from Scotland/Ireland!!

And before I get hammered for this view, I wouldnt Rangers in teh English leagues for exactly the same reason!!
    With respect to you sir whereabouts in liverpool do you come from and which side of the divide red or blue ? Or are you one of the many sky sports supporters this country is blessed with, who picked a team for something to chat about in canteen at work or with your mates down the pub and who continually refers to this team that you picked as WE and US when really its got very little to do with you , so i reckon it would be up to the supporters and residents of the towns and citys where the EPL teams are based as to whether THEY would not want that export from scotland/ireland not you and your like

One neil lennon

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gogo67 For This Useful Post:

jay67 (13-05-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

i hear what your saying john , but now i no fuck all about the spl but according to gilesy on newstalk , the guy was very provocative at the end of an old firm derby , going to the fans , and staying last on the pitch , cupping his ears goading the gers fans, ofcourse getting attacked is outrageous, ..but he does seem to revel in the taunts...not exactly a professional or calming influence, giles says he should act more like a manager and lee like a fan
    Last edited by Ric Hardgear; 13-05-11 at 00:21.
    a thousand kisses deep..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast