Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: speed vans

Reviews

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Class video Doozer!! Excellent! Haven't seen it in a good while - and it's as funny as ever!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    I'm gonna suggest a cheap and easy alternative to buying all these fancy radar gizmos... Don't speed!
    Ahh now Ladiesman, why would you suggest something ridiculous like that!!!

But I'm with Rodders here- its when the speed limit drops for no reason or when it's inappropriately low - that I find myself breaking it inadvertantly.

I once got stopped by a garda for doing 50mph in a 30 mph zone while driving through Carlow. It was early on a Sunday morning on an arrow straight road, and there wasn't a soul in sight! Got a ticket and fine , but thankfully this was before penalty points had come in.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post

But I'm with Rodders here- its when the speed limit drops for no reason or when it's inappropriately low - that I find myself breaking it inadvertantly.

I once got stopped by a garda for doing 50mph in a 30 mph zone while driving through Carlow. It was early on a Sunday morning on an arrow straight road, and there wasn't a soul in sight! Got a ticket and fine , but thankfully this was before penalty points had come in.
    what would happen if a gaurd didn't get any nicks?
    they have charts and quotas too you know
    Last edited by warmcome; 09-05-11 at 20:00.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post

You questioning my sanity Morph? Just because invisible leprechauns tell me to burn things doesn't make me crazy! lol. Actually hold that thought...

Leprechaun: "You will go to the head of the RSA and get him to change stupid speed limits..."
    Me: "Why can't I just burn him???"
    Leprechaun: "We leprechauns are peaceful creatures, violence is abhorrent to us."
    Me: "Well then why tell me to burn people???"
    Leprecchain: "It is you who tells you to burns people ¬_¬"
    Me: *burns leprechaun*

Don't discriminate. Hate EVERYONE equally!

As good old Benny once said: "Peace on earth and goodwill to all men and women..... and LDM"

LDM reserves the right to hijack all threads and call everyone a cunt!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mathsteacher View Post
    passed speed well over the limit, does there have to be a flash and does the lights have to be turned on inside?
    any time i seen vans lights were on inside and u could see in, this van was black dark and there was no flash.
    Am i safe??
    I've passed speed cameras in 50 zones at 60-65 and never got a ticket, I spoke to a Guard about this and he said most of them set the limit to about 67 in a 50 zone to give people a fighting chance and only to catch the people really breaking the limit by a good bit.

Reviews

I got caught last month after leaving the motorway and coming into limerick in Cratloe near Bunratty. Saw a little flash. Thought nothing of it till a letter arrived in the post. 2 points on my license.

Is there a website that shows all the locations of camera traps?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    I got caught last month after leaving the motorway and coming into limerick in Cratloe near Bunratty. Saw a little flash. Thought nothing of it till a letter arrived in the post. 2 points on my license.

This what you're looking for JC? http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=6497
    Don't discriminate. Hate EVERYONE equally!

As good old Benny once said: "Peace on earth and goodwill to all men and women..... and LDM"

LDM reserves the right to hijack all threads and call everyone a cunt!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post

yeah there is

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=6497
    Last edited by aml; 09-05-11 at 23:36.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    You might try that link again Amy please...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast