Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What...

Reviews

[QUOTE=BootSlick55;461524]theqm, why is black hard to keep clean? It seems counter-intuitive.

Black just seems to attract dirt & dust. I wash it every couple of weeks with both a power washer in work and also a normal sponge, always with plenty of detergent. As soon as its dry, it still looks a bit dusty. Gonna wash & polish it tomorrow. Last car was steel grey & always looked clean, even when it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by theqm View Post

Black just seems to attract dirt & dust. I wash it every couple of weeks with both a power washer in work and also a normal sponge, always with plenty of detergent. As soon as its dry, it still looks a bit dusty. Gonna wash & polish it tomorrow. Last car was steel grey & always looked clean, even when it wasn't.
    Hey - Are you still off the ciggies?
    Last edited by UKHeather; 01-05-11 at 19:24.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    Statistically, a white car is more likely to be involved in an accident too. Red, least likely.
    could you have that the wrong way around, Heather?
    because i know insurance companies used to load red cars owned by younger drivers.
    and with white, you would think it would be most visible.

Reviews

Hey - Are you still off the ciggies?
    Well, 98% of the time yes. I've had 3 or 4 in the last week but i still feel a good bit healthier.
    Went with the cold turkey method so should be able to stick it out ok. How you getting on?

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    could you have that the wrong way around, Heather?
    because i know insurance companies used to load red cars owned by younger drivers.
    and with white, you would think it would be most visible.
    It's possible, but I do seem to remember it being that way around. I am gonna resist looking it up lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

warmcome (01-05-11)

Quote Originally Posted by theqm View Post
    Well, 98% of the time yes. I've had 3 or 4 in the last week but i still feel a good bit healthier.
    Went with the cold turkey method so should be able to stick it out ok. How you getting on?
    I am doing ok, it's been about 8 weeks now and I've not touched one. It's not been without its effects though...
    I was wheelclamped on private land even though I had a permit. Instead of calmy dealing with it, I went and bought and angle grinder and an extension lead!

Reviews

I am doing ok, it's been about 8 weeks now and I've not touched one. It's not been without its effects though...
    I was wheelclamped on private land even though I had a permit. Instead of calmy dealing with it, I went and bought and angle grinder and an extension lead!
    Good for you - best way to deal wheel clampers. Give the w**kers a taste of their own!

Reviews

Fair play,clampers are a bunch of parasites and money hungry fuckers....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries

I have no preference, but if you see me drivng, call the Police.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BootSlick55 View Post
    colour car do you drive? Just putting this out there FBOFW.

Is the car colour a major selling point when you purchase? Ones you avoid or are drawn to?

I drive a mint green car. I like it. I would avoid only the colour white. It's declasse IMO.

You?
    Mine's black. I think its the sexiest colour for a car. (Obviously the car itself has to be sexy otherwise its a waste of time).

My next favourite colour for a car would be metallic silver.

That said - the colour has little influnce in my decision to buy it.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast