Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Banknotes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,697
    Reviews
    35

    Thumbs up Banknotes

    everyone likes money, but do you respect it? when i get time
    i often put all the heads together in my wallet.

    my favourite banknotes are UK sterling-really feels quality and valuable.
    i also liked Dutch gildas, so colourful and decorative. looking back,
    punts were pretty cool too...

    Last edited by warmcome; 01-05-11 at 16:41.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

    sexy lady (02-05-11)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,701
    Reviews
    14

    Default

    I loved punts ( still do ).

    How about the dollar? What's up with that? Borrring!
    The elephant is the ONLY mammal that can't jump

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,697
    Reviews
    35

    Default

    i've only held one $20 dollar note-still have it,
    it's narrow and long, are all dollar notes the same size
    regardless of denomination?
    Last edited by warmcome; 01-05-11 at 16:53.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sitting under an orange tree in the sunshine state
    Posts
    10,125
    Blog Entries
    2
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno69 View Post
    I loved punts ( still do ).

    How about the dollar? What's up with that? Borrring!
    Punts were the business all right there was value in money back in the day.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Have to agree Punts were cool English notes are all right, too, but the Russian Ruble is the pits as well as Chinese notes, alhough good for a bit of money magic
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 01-05-11 at 17:00.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    3,650
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    i've only held one $20 dollar note-still have it,
    it's narrow and long, are all dollar notes the same size
    regardless of denomination?
    Yes dollars are all the same size regardless of domination, which is why it used to easy to counterfeit them, bleach a few dollar bills and print hundreds.

    RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    3,650
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    Punts were the business all right there was value in money back in the day.
    You can't say that about the Euro. I spend 50 euros like it is 20 pounds! I personally hate the euro, it feels like monopoly money. Now the pound, I love the Bank Of England notes, that lovely purple blue color with the silver embossing, and of course the QEII. If that doesn't instil confidence, nothing will.
    Some of my favorite notes are:
    1. GBP
    2. HKD
    3. CHF
    4. THB
    5. EUR
    6. USD

    RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cuntflaps
    Posts
    8,253
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    Yes dollars are all the same size regardless of domination, which is why it used to easy to counterfeit them, bleach a few dollar bills and print hundreds.
    Gawdemmit, you gawdemm Mercain people need to mint dollar coins, and quick about it. I am sick of going to Merka and ending up with a giant roll of single dollar bills and a pocketful of pennies.

    Also, Mercain money is not *solid* enough. It feels like I'm carrying around bits of tin or something in my pocket. I want my change to be heavy and to jingle jangle.

    Please pass this on to the relevant Mercain authority. Thank you.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

    Violette (01-05-11)

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    3,650
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Gawdemmit, you gawdemm Mercain people need to mint dollar coins, and quick about it. I am sick of going to Merka and ending up with a giant roll of single dollar bills and a pocketful of pennies.

    Also, Mercain money is not *solid* enough. It feels like I'm carrying around bits of tin or something in my pocket. I want my change to be heavy and to jingle jangle.

    Please pass this on to the relevant Mercain authority. Thank you.
    Now Look er bouy.

    RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cuntflaps
    Posts
    8,253
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    Now Look er bouy.
    I don't speak Dutch, I'm afraid.

    I don't speak French, either, but I do kiss that way

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

    Violette (01-05-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •