Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this world getting to?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default What is this world getting to?

3pm last Saturday a 13 year old girl was badly beaten and raped,how disgusting! people who are capable of vile acts like this should be put up against a wall and shot.

In bray thugs driving a White van smash a man in the head with a hammer in broad daylight.

Thugs smash up a van to get at a man and hit his 4 year old in the face with a brick again In broad daylight.

Also numerous bomb attacks over the last while.

But to name a few.

Now I know you may already know all this but the idea of this thread is to string a few of them together and get your taught's

For example is this world one you are or would be happy to have kids grow up in?

Personally I'm delighted not to have kids growing up in this world.

Thanks folks
    Last edited by BIGTYM2010; 20-04-11 at 11:34.
    If you have any information in relation to human trafficking/pimped ladies

*Act responsibly freephone 1800 25 00 25 *

That one call could save a life

Reviews

Totally agree and I am afraid its only going to get worse, not just the mindless violence but crime in general with the current economic situation

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Big-Paul For This Useful Post:

BIGTYM2010 (20-04-11)

Too rite, ppl who commit these crimes should have the crime inflicted on them, why shud we pay to keep them locked up. If they cant act like humans then they should be put down, just like an animal would if they attacked a human. Thats my opinion on the matter

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sampower For This Useful Post:

BIGTYM2010 (20-04-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Paul View Post
    Totally agree and I am afraid its only going to get worse, not just the mindless violence but crime in general with the current economic situation
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMPOWER
    Too rite, ppl who commit these crimes should have the crime inflicted on them, why shud we pay to keep them locked up. If they cant act like humans then they should be put down, just like an animal would if they attacked a human. Thats my opinion on the matter
    Great in-put lads (Economic situation & Sampower human vets association PMSL) but on a serious note when is anyone gonna try put an end to it because personally I don't think there is enough been done about it.
    If you have any information in relation to human trafficking/pimped ladies

*Act responsibly freephone 1800 25 00 25 *

That one call could save a life

Reviews

Work camps.

Get those little thugs building roads, by hand, in the middle of nowhere.

There is a jailer somewhere in the states that has the right idea. Was on the radio about a year ago:
    1. Jail is a tented city in the desert.
    2. No Air Con. He says their boys in Iraq don't have it why should these thugs.
    3. Pink underwear is part of the inmates uniform - keeps the agression low - go figure.
    4. Spends more feeding the guard dogs than the inmates.
    5. Prisoner rights group pointed out that the inmates were entitled, by law, to cable TV. He said fine and installed the Disney channel.

My kinda guy.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BACMAN36 For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (20-04-11), BIGTYM2010 (20-04-11), dublinky (20-04-11)

Reviews

For sure there's not enough being done about it, the question is where do you start a lot of but by no means all of the perpetrators of such crimes come form lower socio economic background probably left school early or if still at school have bad attendance records. There seems to be little or no Discipline applied today the soft approach adopted in recent times is not working. There needs to be checks and balances which there isn't and once these guys get away with something small it eventually Leeds to bigger things and is ultimately left to law enforcement to sort out and in a lot of cases not in a very satisfactory way. Like I said where do you start....picking up the pieces at the end isn't the answer

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big-Paul For This Useful Post:

BIGTYM2010 (20-04-11), warmcome (20-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Paul View Post
    For sure there's not enough being done about it, the question is where do you start a lot of but by no means all of the perpetrators of such crimes come form lower socio economic background probably left school early or if still at school have bad attendance records. There seems to be little or no Discipline applied today the soft approach adopted in recent times is not working. There needs to be checks and balances which there isn't and once these guys get away with something small it eventually Leeds to bigger things and is ultimately left to law enforcement to sort out and in a lot of cases not in a very satisfactory way. Like I said where do you start....picking up the pieces at the end isn't the answer
    Don't agree with the poor background cr@p. I come from Dublin's inner city. My parents had respect for themselves and authority.

As a kid I was never in trouble with the law or anything like that but I knew that if I was ever in trouble it wasn't the guards I had to worry about....it was my mam.....and then my dad when he got home.

That's whats missing from society....parents willing to stand up and take responsibility.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BACMAN36 For This Useful Post:

BIGTYM2010 (20-04-11), dublinky (20-04-11), Prickly (21-04-11)

Reviews

jail does not work in transforming those convicted, but it does
    protect the rest of society from them. Ireland's jails are at record
    levels in terms of capacity.

inaffective parenting is the problem, IMO, and this will take a long term
    strategy to correct. the people who commit such crimes lack the intelligence
    and self worth to avoid the relatively lenient sentencing.
    Last edited by warmcome; 20-04-11 at 12:17.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

BIGTYM2010 (20-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BACMAN36 View Post
    Don't agree with the poor background cr@p. I come from Dublin's inner city. My parents had respect for themselves and authority.

As a kid I was never in trouble with the law or anything like that but I knew that if I was ever in trouble it wasn't the guards I had to worry about....it was my mam.....and then my dad when he got home.

That's whats missing from society....parents willing to stand up and take responsibility.
    Agree not every one who comes from a poor background turns out bad, the lack of good parenting is a much bigger factor. Like you if I got into trouble the guards were the least of my worries because you would get it when you get home . I find that there's no manners at all , when I was growing up we were thought to say please and thanks hold doors open for ladies ect which may sound funny to some but I still do it to this day we were told to respect other people and other peoples property, that's where it starts respect simple as that respect.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Big-Paul For This Useful Post:

BIGTYM2010 (20-04-11)

Reviews

To be honest,the world was ,is and always will be a shithole.Incidents mentioned above would disgust most civilised human beings but in most places in the world,such incidents are so commonplace,they're just taken as part of daily life.Like the other posters,i'd love to inflict reflecting pain on thse perpetrators,if only so they can realise the pain of their own victims.
    Certainly,Ireland is becoming a lot more violent and i guess there's many different social reasons for that.Exposure to more violent/sexual tv,drugs,disintegration of the beliefs in the traditional pillars of society,the erosion of two parent families,the mentality of 'rights without responsibilities',the erosion of neighbourhood communities all have contributed to young people's sense of self-esteem and lack of respect for others.
    Personally,I've always felt that 'parenting' should be a subject taught from primary school upwards - tha teaching of civic duties,civic responsibilities,the difficulties of relationships and simply preparing vulnerable kids on how to deal with the challenges of parental life.Most people who go through schools won't turn out to be premier doctors,accountants,plumbers etc.Most will turn out to be parents and as a previous poster said,parents have the single greatest influence on the next generation.Kevin Myers had an interesting(though flawed,imo) article yesterday on the responsibility of extreme feminisim on levels of obseity.
    Last edited by milkman; 20-04-11 at 13:50. Reason: spelling corrections

18. The Following User Says Thank You to milkman For This Useful Post:

BIGTYM2010 (20-04-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast