Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advise Please

Last edited by sadcase; 19-04-11 at 19:34.

Reviews

on the face of it you have a strong hand monster
    however, are you sure you are ''well in '' with the ceo? most are ruthless
    how did they find out? jealous co worker?
    id get a few opinions on the contract 2-3 minimum and go wiht their advice
    on the other hand if its not explicitly banned in the contract then the normal sequence is s1st meeting, verbal warning etc
    unless gross misconduct then its difficult enough to sack employes these days, they prefer a slow nasty grind.....
    you could always ask some advice off that TS girl that was in the news....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kelso For This Useful Post:

monster_monster (20-04-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

You have been given some good advice already MM, and you did the right thing letting a solicitor go through your contract of employment. It would be unusual for any company to block you from having alternative sources of income unless:
    1) you were not in direct competition with your employer
    2) your other work was having an affect on your ability to do your job
    3) information accessible solely through you job was being used for your outside interests.

It would be interesting to know how HR found out about your outside interests.
    You should stand strong and actually ask them where in your contract does it state that you are in breach, and what the repercussions would be. They are obliged to give you a warning, but only if you have breached terms of your contract.
    You should keep notes of all future meetings with HR or anyone else in relation to your contract, and you are entitled to bring someone to any of these meetings as a witness to what is being discussed.
    They would also be on dodgy ground if they try to block off future advancements where, under normal circumstances, you would be a contender for promotion.
    Good luck anyway.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Lots of good advice here already:

1. Keep notes/minutes of all meetings, incidents etc.
    2. Maintain a list of your "selling points". Value that you have added to firm, contracts won etc.
    3. Get cotract reviewed by expert.
    4. If your business is not in competition with the firm ask HR to outline, in writing, what their problem is.

Good luck

Btw bit obvious but I hope you don't access this or any other adult sites on company PC or phone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BACMAN36 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Just to let you all know, I spoke with the CEO of my company and all is well. He told me to ignore the wagon in HR and gave me a written letter stating that my employer doesn't have a problem with me running my companies in my private time, provided there is no conflict of interests.

Finally he mentioned that there was a vacancy coming up soon reporting directly to him and I was the ideal candidate for the position and he'd like me to apply for it.

So to sum up, I'm feeling pretty bulletrproof right about now. Thanks again lads for all the advise, it's great being able to come to a place like this a vent a bit of anger and have people listen, really appreciate you folks.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (20-04-11), magicalman9357 (20-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    Just to let you all know, I spoke with the CEO of my company and all is well. He told me to ignore the wagon in HR and gave me a written letter stating that my employer doesn't have a problem with me running my companies in my private time, provided there is no conflict of interests.

Finally he mentioned that there was a vacancy coming up soon reporting directly to him and I was the ideal candidate for the position and he'd like me to apply for it.

So to sum up, I'm feeling pretty bulletrproof right about now. Thanks again lads for all the advise, it's great being able to come to a place like this a vent a bit of anger and have people listen, really appreciate you folks.
    Good to hear man all good sounds like hr was just trying to mack themselves important
    Last edited by Big-Paul; 20-04-11 at 10:35.

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post

I say bend that HR biatch over.
    Problem solved!

dom

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    I say bend that HR biatch over.
    Problem solved!

dom
    Then nail her with the shocker?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

dom (20-04-11), hd7055 (20-04-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default dear "monster monster"

you are a trusted hardworking and valuable asset to the company, so when you stop pricking around on the internet ,I would like to see you in my office now...
    ceo
    a thousand kisses deep..

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ric Hardgear For This Useful Post:

dave1dave (20-04-11), monster_monster (20-04-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Hardgear View Post
    you are a trusted hardworking and valuable asset to the company, so when you stop pricking around on the internet ,I would like to see you in my office now...
    ceo
    lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast