Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curious.....is there a Bermuda Triangle?

Default Curious.....is there a Bermuda Triangle?

Did something happen on the 09/12/09?

I was looking through the agency ads and the last one, excluding Bunnies of Ireland, was for the above date. Nothing after. Did the police close them down? Or did they disappear?

Noo noo noo noo...
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Rayden (12-04-11)

Talking

Because they are independent now ??? Noooo no way! How silly from me. lol
    Last edited by Blond chick NIKKY; 12-04-11 at 18:30.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blond chick NIKKY For This Useful Post:

dave1dave (12-04-11), Ebony Amber (12-04-11), Lucy Chambers (12-04-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Yes it seems that they all saw the light and went Indy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1dave For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (12-04-11)

Reviews

I dare say QPH has an opinion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I dare say QPH has an opinion on this.

Yup. We shall await the investigative light so.

Reviews

The Bermuda triangle is a very real and dangerous place. One Sunday afternoon, just after mass, I was performing cunnilingus and nearly fell into it. Needless to say, soon afterwards I ditched Bermuda and found myself another woman.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

Rayden (12-04-11)

Blog Entries

Nothing to see here folks...............what's this talk about agencies.......no such things........move along now

12. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Rayden (12-04-11)

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    The Bermuda triangle is a very real and dangerous place. One Sunday afternoon, just after mass, I was performing cunnilingus and nearly fell into it. Needless to say, soon afterwards I ditched Bermuda and found myself another woman.
    Is it real, do you think? The Bermuda triangle that is?

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I think it could be, too many wierd co-incidences for there to not be something in it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to vampirejackie For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (12-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Larry Kusche

Lawrence David Kusche, a research librarian from Arizona State University and author of The Bermuda Triangle Mystery: Solved (1975)[14] argued that many claims of Gaddis and subsequent writers were often exaggerated, dubious or unverifiable. Kusche's research revealed a number of inaccuracies and inconsistencies between Berlitz's accounts and statements from eyewitnesses, participants, and others involved in the initial incidents. Kusche noted cases where pertinent information went unreported, such as the disappearance of round-the-world yachtsman Donald Crowhurst, which Berlitz had presented as a mystery, despite clear evidence to the contrary. Another example was the ore-carrier recounted by Berlitz as lost without trace three days out of an Atlantic port when it had been lost three days out of a port with the same name in the Pacific Ocean. Kusche also argued that a large percentage of the incidents that sparked allegations of the Triangle's mysterious influence actually occurred well outside it. Often his research was simple: he would review period newspapers of the dates of reported incidents and find reports on possibly relevant events like unusual weather, that were never mentioned in the disappearance stories.

Kusche concluded that:

The number of ships and aircraft reported missing in the area was not significantly greater, proportionally speaking, than in any other part of the ocean.

In an area frequented by tropical storms, the number of disappearances that did occur were, for the most part, neither disproportionate, unlikely, nor mysterious; furthermore, Berlitz and other writers would often fail to mention such storms.

The numbers themselves had been exaggerated by sloppy research. A boat's disappearance, for example, would be reported, but its eventual (if belated) return to port may not have been.

Some disappearances had, in fact, never happened. One plane crash was said to have taken place in 1937 off Daytona Beach, Florida, in front of hundreds of witnesses; a check of the local papers revealed nothing.

The legend of the Bermuda Triangle is a manufactured mystery, perpetuated by writers who either purposely or unknowingly made use of misconceptions, faulty reasoning, and sensationalism.[14]

(from Bermuda Triangle in Wikipedia)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (12-04-11)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast