Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The life of a working girl in Ireland today

Prohibition of the sex industry will fail. Normal and generally law abiding people will be criminalised and go to jail. Organised crime will assume total control of the industry. It will mirror prohibition in America, it criminalised people who bought alcohol in and handed over total control of the drinks industry to gangsters. This industry will never go away. They need to understand this and instead of doing the lazy thing and just making it illegal they need to accept it as part of life in Ireland and not bury their head in the sand. We need strong political leadership on this issue. It needs a modern approach not a religious response wrapped in a fake health and safety bow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alterego31 For This Useful Post:

Jasmin (11-04-11), sweethomes (10-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I think it does a lot of good work in educating people to the reality of sex work in Ireland, though I do wish he hadn't put the word independent in quotes in the first line.
    the masses may have become confused otherwise, given the newspaper name?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alterego31 View Post
    Prohibition of the sex industry will fail. Normal and generally law abiding people will be criminalised and go to jail. Organised crime will assume total control of the industry. It will mirror prohibition in America, it criminalised people who bought alcohol in and handed over total control of the drinks industry to gangsters. This industry will never go away. They need to understand this and instead of doing the lazy thing and just making it illegal they need to accept it as part of life in Ireland and not bury their head in the sand. We need strong political leadership on this issue. It needs a modern approach not a religious response wrapped in a fake health and safety bow.
    ''Not in my town'' said the farmer's wife.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anitasizzle For This Useful Post:

sweethomes (10-04-11)

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    ''Not in my town'' said the farmer's wife.
    Thats Ireland in a nutshell. Its like the situation with abortion and nuclear energy. Our women go to England to have an abortion. No abortion in Ireland please. Going to the UK to do it is fine. Nuclear power is bad. Buying electricity that comes from nuclear power is ok just as long as we dont make it here. It sums up small town-small minded Ireland that exists mostly in small towns and villages outside Dublin. The morality of the moral police of Ireland ends at the border. Why this tiny minority gets to tell the majority what it can and cant do is beyond me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alterego31 For This Useful Post:

volvic11 (11-04-11)

Reviews

hopefully the powers that be will see sense and focus on important issues but i wouild not hold my breath.
    the people wanting to ban sex for sale are a small but very loud group of killjoys

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post

Unfortunately I cannot link to the article on pages 22 and 23 of life magazine
    I can put that article up here but not sure if its a copyright issue for E-I, will be sending it to TOTBL forum later.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    http://www.independent.ie/national-n...y-2615069.html

Unfortunately I cannot link to the article on pages 22 and 23 of life magazine
    Here is Life article...

When thumb clicked on, click on image to make it readable.
    Last edited by Quarterpoundher; 11-04-11 at 13:12.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Quarterpoundher For This Useful Post:

carlos marvado (11-04-11)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12