Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cashback? Yes please

Reviews

Angry Cashback? Yes please

Went to a shop in Dublin city centre there, bought a sandwich and few other things, no cash on me so i paid with the card. The guy at the till asks if i want cash-back and since i was planning on having a few pints watching the match tonight i said Yeah can i have 50E. Key in the code, wait a minute, gather up all my stuff, he hands me my receipt and off i go on my merry way. Im a few minutes up the road when i realise he hadn't given me the 50, he hadn't even taken it out of the register.. so i race back there, go up to the same guy and explain what happened and showed him the receipt. The guy barely gave me the time of day! i thought he was joking at first but no, he insisted there was nothing he could do.
    Fair enough it was stupid of me to leave without it, but i was back less than 5 minutes later. There was nothing i could do so i told him he was a gentleman and left 50 euro out of pocket.. Not happy

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHandker View Post
    Went to a shop in Dublin city centre there, bought a sandwich and few other things, no cash on me so i paid with the card. The guy at the till asks if i want cash-back and since i was planning on having a few pints watching the match tonight i said Yeah can i have 50E. Key in the code, wait a minute, gather up all my stuff, he hands me my receipt and off i go on my merry way. Im a few minutes up the road when i realise he hadn't given me the 50, he hadn't even taken it out of the register.. so i race back there, go up to the same guy and explain what happened and showed him the receipt. The guy barely gave me the time of day! i thought he was joking at first but no, he insisted there was nothing he could do.
    Fair enough it was stupid of me to leave without it, but i was back less than 5 minutes later. There was nothing i could do so i told him he was a gentleman and left 50 euro out of pocket.. Not happy
    I remember being short changed £30 (yes pounds) before but when I pointed it out, it was sorted.

Reviews

that sucks, you should have asked to see a manager. €50 could have got you a lot of pints

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrKinky View Post
    that sucks, you should have asked to see a manager. €50 could have got you a lot of pints
    Or go towards meeting a lady from here.

Reviews

ask for manager and they should have cameras to back up. also get onto bank and tell them that u never recieved the oney maybe they can help. also remember that €50 is half way to a half hour session of hot hot hot sex with someone on here
    Galway_stud
    Aiming to please every time

]
    Gone but not forgotten
    Jessica Jessy

Reviews

Get back to that shop and demand to see the manager . I would have refused to leave the counter until the manager came to see me , and if necessary i would have called the garda too . The shop wouldn't hesitate to do the same if you were shoplifting . For all you know the assistant may have done this before . How many hrs would you have to work to get 50 euro , and if your boss left you short , would you just let him off ?
    I have no signature at the moment

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rimmerguy For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (12-04-11), Lucy Chambers (12-04-11), Rayden (12-04-11)

Ah. Thats pain in ass.. well go back tmrw or today. They have to give ya back when they will close down and check all cash or camera. The best of luck x

Pfff id go back and ask the manager!!!!
    The cashier just lied into ur face,and got 50eur tip,if he do it few times a day easily can get 50-100eur

Bastard!!!!!
    Good bye Ireland!

Reviews

Even though it was the same guy, it could be genuine enough that he honestly didn't remember. And even if he wanted to give you the money, unless he was sure, he would be in trouble if the till was down 50euro, he'd lose half a days pay maybe.

I bet shops get chancers all the time trying that trick. they should have a policy though for genuine requests to be handled,
    As Nikky says go back, ask for the manager.

but on the other hand, he could be the chancer too, trying to double his wages for the day
    Last edited by Rodney69; 12-04-11 at 18:35.
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast