Thread: Roundabouts... (and dangerous driving in general)

Reviews

Default Roundabouts... (and dangerous driving in general)

I've lost count of the number of times I've nearly hit someone/been hit at roundabouts simply because people do not understand which lane they're supposed to be in for their desired exit! Nothing drives me as crazy (actually think psychotic would be a better word but anyway...) as a complete gobshite who uses the wrong lane at a roundabout. And they think they are actually right! Are they actually on stupid pills or were they just taught by idiots? FFS it ain't rocket science, it's just a freakin' roundabout. A circle. And people can't even get that much right...

I remember driving home from Cork a few years back, coming into Buttevant with fairly tight traffic. Was on the curve with the school opposite, just about to enter onto the main street when out of nowhere some old geezer overtakes me on the curve and slips in front of me. Definitely doing more than 70km. He nearly hit the car in front of me... Anyone have any tales of traffic trauma/roundabout mayhem?
    Don't discriminate. Hate EVERYONE equally!

As good old Benny once said: "Peace on earth and goodwill to all men and women..... and LDM"

LDM reserves the right to hijack all threads and call everyone a cunt!

I was driving outside kilcock today on it's by-pass or whatever that road is... Lovely long straight road and I'm tipping along at 100km/hr and I see a car crossing the road in the distance think that's ok there's a road there.... Nearly at the junction more cars keep coming out of the junction across my main road.... I'm getting closer and closer my hand is coming of the wheel about to blast the horn when.....

Oops I'm almost gone through a red light... My bad... Slight lack of concentration!!!

Reviews

Well, when I lived in US, where roundabouts are as rare as hen's teeth, there happened to be one in my locality. Drivers coming on to the roundabout had right of way. Don't know if that was the law or if drivers just did it because everyone else was doing it. Freaked me out the first couple of times. Then I just did the same and didn't stop when coming on to it.

It always felt wrong, though.
    Last edited by BootSlick55; 08-04-11 at 00:19.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record 2-time E-I Fantasy Football Champion 2010/11, 2013/14
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reviews

I do quite high mileage for work every week and some of the manoeuvres I see people make just beggar belief , wrong lane at roundabouts is just one of them overtaking on a continuous white line or blind curve another favourite,my all time favourite one was at a set of temporary lights at road works one day a young woman with a Nissan micra complete with l plate decides to overtake the entire line of traffic stooped at the red light only to meet the oncoming traffic from the other side half way through the road works classic .

Reviews

Best viewed with sound on.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

What really pisses me of roundabouts with traffic lights only in Ireland .

Reviews

In Spain it used to be that traffic entering the roundabout had right of way - it was crazy - they have changed it now.