Thread: Gone to the dogs

Default Gone to the dogs

Most of you know what I am referring to . The bickering on here seems incessant , is the economic recession to blame ?
    Do the majority of waffle posters on here have forced time on their hands ?
    "Hande hock" if you are without employment -- be honest now, you anonymity wont be compromised .
    Bet nobody owns up.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Most of you know what I am referring to . The bickering on here seems incessant , is the economic recession to blame ?
    "Hande hock" if you are without employment -- be honest now, you anonymity wont be compromised .
    Bet nobody owns up.
    I spent some time one week looking through some past threads. I see it was actually worse than this for a long time. O
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Bet nobody owns up.
    Yeah, that bickering that is "incessant". Since April '11, right? Lemme guess you've like, lurked here forever. Right?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (08-04-11), monster_monster (07-04-11)

Reviews

I don't think the bickering is too mad most of the time. Last year I when I started I was warned that it can get nasty in here, and it can, I suppose. Maybe I just let it all go over my head.

But I suspect it was a lot worse in the past
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Yeah, that bickering that is "incessant". Since April '11, right? Lemme guess you've like, lurked here forever. Right?
    There are no doubt many long standing readers logged on but not registered and your type of
    dimwitted comment is the epitome of why they will be deterred from contributing.
    Stiffle away Rayden , why change your habit now eh ?
    I read several "closed shop ", "clique " comments , they appear accurate enough.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jethro For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (07-04-11), Rayden (07-04-11), Slim Jim (07-04-11)

There are no doubt many long standing readers logged on but not registered and your type of
    dimwitted comment is the epitome of why they will be deterred from contributing.
    Stiffle away Rayden , why change your habit now eh ?
    I read several "closed shop ", "clique " comments , they appear accurate enough.

Have to say I agree its a daunting thing posting here one wrong word and you could be thorn to shreds, you just have to look at the racket on a particular tread here the other night , if kids behaved like that there would be some excuse. There are definitely cliques that close ranks on outsiders and first time or new posters and from my point of view its very off putting.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slim Jim For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (07-04-11), warmcome (07-04-11)

I lurked for a little while and then just jumped in and got involved.
    There is the odd little flare up here but its not as bad as many other forums I've dabbled in.

What you have here is a collection of strong minded people who will give their opinion on whatever subject that is being discussed.
    That will sometimes lead to heated debate and arguments but the dust soon settles again.
    That is normal and healthy where as I have seen some forums that are openly hostile and nasty.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willyup For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (07-04-11), warmcome (07-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willyup View Post
    What you have here is a collection of strong minded people who will give their opinion on whatever subject that is being discussed.
    That will sometimes lead to heated debate
    Theres nothing wrong with heated debate its only when the debate turns to back biting and cutting personal remarks that it losses its appeal as has happened on these forums often enough

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Jim View Post
    There are definitely cliques that close ranks on outsiders and first time or new posters and from my point of view its very off putting.
    Feel free to name and shame whoever you think is in these cliques...