Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardai joke about attacking and raping a female protestor.

Quote Originally Posted by tuam sham View Post
    Nicegirlsarenice... Are you a drug dealer or a gun smuggler or maybe some sort of sexually predator that has spent a majority of his life in and outta Garda station...

I can't believe your pig ignorant views. I appreciate everyones right to protest... PEACEFULLY! I don't appreciate the few times I've been down near the shell site that my vehicle has been damaged or the road obstructed because of these crusties out on the road blocking it or attempting to interfere with passing vehicles!! Crusts from Dublin and sinn feiners from the north all down protesting about things that will not directly affect them!

Even that wrinkle old school teacher, who isn't directly from the area out protest while OFF WORK SICK!! Then the other daft fishermen that beat themselves up and damaged their own boats allegedly... Why all for the cause!!

Now if we want to talk about CCTV footage... I can't find the YouTube link but protesters were attempting to pull down or climb across a boundary fence. Shells private security men and Gardai are attempting to stop them. The incident is being recorded and a female protester becomes aggressive and abusive! During her rant she make reference to an incident in Donegal where a young Garda was doing his duty was hit by a stolen car and sent across a wall and as a result of his injuries he passed away a week or two later! The female shouts pity there isn't more drivers like them in donegal to look after ye!!! (or something similar to this)

Now I'm at no way saying what was recorded in the video tape is ok but let's put the thing into prospective! If the tape was not recording no one would be the wiser! People can slag and joke after an incident! Are you telling me nicegirls that you've never been in a group of lads and you make remarks about passing ladies. In fairness probably not as harsh as what the Garda allegedly said!!!

But all in all let's allow the powers that be deal with the matter without us prejudging the situation!
    And why are the gardai allowed to act aggressively, (beating protestors with batons, physically arresting them and forcibly moving them), and yet the protestors aren't allowed to try to defend themselves or they're considered to be acting "aggressively"?

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    And why are the gardai allowed to act aggressively, (beating protestors with batons, physically arresting them and forcibly moving them), and yet the protestors aren't allowed to try to defend themselves or they're considered to be acting "aggressively"?
    No one is allowed to block a public road, not even when a protest is legal you are to walk the road but not permanently block it. The Police are allowed use whatever level of force they deem needed to faciltate the unblocking of said road when its not a legal protest. When a guard asks you for name you are obligated to give it. That seems to be what got the American arrested in the first place, she was asked for it several times.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    All I saw was a camera in a bag and voices who could be anyone, saying whatever they felt like saying, how do you know that was not added on after the first visable portion of the video?
    This is an excellent point. I am no fan of Gardai but neither do I have anything against them in particular. But nothing would surprise me when it comes to stitching someone up and this particular cause of the Shell pipeline has been very dirty and troublesome all along.
    Last edited by Banjo; 05-04-11 at 20:59.

I never once said they were! However if it's the Gardai's job to keep a roadway or field or any area clear, they are entitled to use justifiable force... I'm not a solicitor or a cop or anything to do with them but I was brought up that if a guard told you to move you ran out of sight! If you aren't allowed in an area and the gardai stop you.... WHY SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED USE FORCE YOUR BREAKING THE LAW

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    just commenting on the highlighted stuff, not all protesters are in the right, I don't agree with Shell taking all our gas but there are laws on what you can and can not do. If you break them then you are subject to the punishment of that law. I'm sure all Garda don't like all the laws that they have to enforce but that's their job.
    Hmm. I see your point, monster, but generally speaking, what if a law was unjust? Would we have to obey it then?

Justice is only a general thing, general to what the majority of society consider to be acceptable, and it can be split right down the middle. For example, the American Revolution would not have started had tax laws not been passed in Britain pertaining to the colonies - were the colonists obliged to choke down their outrage and pay up? Or maybe the Poll Tax riots in England would be another example, even though the protestors eventually lost that one. The debate about the death penalty in the US is ongoing.

There's no direct parallel I can draw in modern Ireland like that. Apathy is so inbred into Irish people that we as a country just tend to go along with whatever the rest of us are doing.

As for the Gardai thing, that's a different (but related) matter.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

deadboysdontlie (05-04-11), nicegirlsarenice (05-04-11)

Quote Originally Posted by tuam sham View Post
    I never once said they were! However if it's the Gardai's job to keep a roadway or field or any area clear, they are entitled to use justifiable force... I'm not a solicitor or a cop or anything to do with them but I was brought up that if a guard told you to move you ran out of sight! If you aren't allowed in an area and the gardai stop you.... WHY SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED USE FORCE YOUR BREAKING THE LAW
    They didn't do a very good job of keeping the South Link road open yesterday:

A main road... it was shut for hours in the morning, delaying hundreds or thousands of people. Now, maybe there's a chance that both motorists were just unlucky. Maybe some other motorist put them off and they happened to crash, we can invent all these fairytale scenarios. In reality, I've seen the way many gardai drive and it's an absolute disgrace. It's amazing that there aren't more of them killed (and they do routinely get into crashes). It's more like to get home fast that they have flagrant disregard for the safety of them and other motorists.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/four-gardai-suffer-minor-injuries-in-patrol-car-and-van-collision-2608272.html

Quote Originally Posted by banjo
    This is an excellent point. I am no fan of Gardai but neither do I have anything against them in particular. But nothing would surprise me when it comes to stitching something up and this particular cause of the Shell pipeline has been very dirty and troublesome all along.
    No no, there's no question over whether it happened or not. Some very early reports might have had "alleged" in them, but it's indisputable that this occurred. They were caught red-handed.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 05-04-11 at 21:09.

Reviews

Can you believe this? "give me your address and I'll rape you".

http://www.newswhip.ie/national-2/gardai-allegedly-joke-about-threatening-to-rape-corrib-protesters-29206

These Gardai are trying to enforce the corperations' "right" to the people's land and putting their lives in danger. They are the mobsters, the tough guys behind the corperations.

It just goes to show the mindset of these people. Why don't they just go away and kill themselves.

I saw yesterday how two garda vehicles collided with each other in a serious accident in Cork, fucking up the whole main roads and hospital services for everyone. What are the chances of two garda vehicles meeting each other in an accident like that? Actually pretty high. I have repeatedly stated about how gardai drive with contempt for others on the road, put on emergency lights for no reason, and I even filed a complaint about garda driving, almost killing innocent civilians for no reason. They're a disgrace.

The police are an enemy of the people. I don't give two shits about how some gardai were helpful to some people at some time, everyone is helpful at some time. I also don't care about how "some gardai are good".... because if they follow orders such as trying to block and arrest protestors they are NOT good, even if they are apologetic about it they are terrible individuals.
    Well lad I think yer views are shockingly naive but you are certainly entitled to them. Assuming the recording is fully authentic and I fully believe it is then it shows some crass and witless banter between a few coppers....

But we will have to get biblical here for a moment and invoke "Let he who is without sin...." EVERYONE has said crass and witless garbage, stuff that was only intended for the ears of whatever eejits we were trying to impress and/or fit in with, it ain't pretty but its how things actually are, y'know it the real world.

Is anyone actually trying to assert some diabolical plan for an orgy of rape and deportation was actually being plotted. C'mon lad get real.

As to the general tone/point of your posting I will merely say this much: If I am getting a hiding on Aston Quay some at 3am some saturday night by a few boozed/coked-up skangers I know I would rather have John Law wading in to give me a helping hand than a few tree-huggin hippies.

Lincoln's Last Word: Idiotic and crass comments notwithstanding (I utterly condemn the reflexive misogyny) I basically support the boys in blue on this one.
    Bada Bing!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

tuam sham (05-04-11)

Reviews

No no, there's no question over whether it happened or not. Some very early reports might have had "alleged" in them, but it's indisputable that this occurred. They were caught red-handed.
    It's perfectly disputable because there is nothing to verify that those were genuine Gardai talking on that tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    It's perfectly disputable because there is nothing to verify that those were genuine Gardai talking on that tape.
    If this was true then the garda would be ensuring this got to the media, that it may not be true at all.... not gone on Prime Time etc. to speak about it and saying it was only some gardai etc.

In reality, I've seen the way many gardai drive and it's an absolute disgrace. It's amazing that there aren't more of them killed (and they do routinely get into crashes).

That is a disgraceful comment I can't recall the last time I heard that a Garda was killed in a traffic collision involving a patrol car! Yeah they do be in crashes so do bus drivers post men carpenters you name it. Your argument is completely ridiculas!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast