Thread: "you'll be arrested if you return"

Reviews

Default "you'll be arrested if you return"

i thought this was a sad story, but it
    did not suprise one little bit:

Man on cannabis treatment unable to come home - RT News

Blog Entries

Isn't he being abit over-dramatic? I find it hard to believe he doesn't know someone here who could score him some weed or at least take hime around to the local flats and get some

And yet cocaine is used in ENT surgery, heroin (diamorphine) in spinal anaesthetics for caesarian sections.......
    I really wish they'd keep lawyers out of medicine!
    The guy has a prescription from a palliative care clinic, should not be an issue!!!
    Hope he gets back soon with minimum red tape, poor fella.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to medicine man For This Useful Post:

warmcome (04-04-11)

Reviews

Typical of this backward country. We pander to the bastard bankers and allow them set up residency outside Ireland, live in the US etc etc with all their assets, and then hammer a dying man by not allowing him home to die. I am so so pissed off with this fecky little country at the moment. Of course all you have to do is look at the shite around Gerry Ryans death, denial etc and then the President attends the funeral.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rubberlover For This Useful Post:

Banjo (04-04-11), Big-Paul (04-04-11), medicine man (04-04-11), warmcome (04-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anitasizzle View Post
    Isn't he being abit over-dramatic? I find it hard to believe he doesn't know someone here who could score him some weed or at least take hime around to the local flats and get some
    if you were weak and sick, should you have to go to 'the flats'
    to get steroids, penicillin etc?

'the flats' are focussed on offensive materials.
    Last edited by warmcome; 04-04-11 at 19:44.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rubberlover View Post
    Typical of this backward country.
    There are more backward countries out there than Ireland. It's my feeling that this guy happened to meet the civil servant in whatever department who wasn't willing to lift a finger to help or do anything that isn't clearly printed in their union approved workers hand book. No active thought and no discretion. It was never escalated because the civil servant then went on his union negotiated tea break and didn't follow up.

I think the guy did the right thing bringing it to light. FFS if push comes to shove, let the required drug be held under lock and key at a Garda station and they release his daily dose to him when he goes there and signs for it. It's not rocket science surely to find some way to let a citizen travel AND not be in pain.

Reviews

Typical reaction this poor guy is an easy catch it would be just like shooting fish in a barrel it wouldn't require any work to get him they could show some compassion you will find if the boot was on the other foot they would shout loud enough.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    if you were weak and sick, should you have to go to 'the flats'
    to get steroids, penicillin etc?

'the flats' are focussed on offensive materials.
    It's yet to catch on, but as more older people with cancer start pettioning the Gov, then there will be a fine da; you'll have to wait until a generation or two die off before it comse to Ireland