Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cctv

Reviews

Cool Cctv

in an average day, in any city, you will be
    observed by 300 cameras. digital cameras are
    coming on stream now that will film and record in courtroom quality.

criminologists have debated as to how this situation affects
    the incidence of crime. does crime stop or does it simply
    move out of view?

offenders are pleading guilty owing to CCTV evidence,
    this saves the justice system on average €4k on having to provide
    a trial for the accused.

do you trust big brother to watch out for you?

Am I allowed to promote my business on here?

Reviews

Load of bollicks.

Someone put my back window in last year on a street that has CCTV cameras. When I went to the filth (who were supposed to check the cameras), they said the cameras were all pointing the other way at the time and they couldn't tell who did it.

Cunts.

Blog Entries

Most CCTV footage I've seen is shockingly poor quality, just look at Crimeline, awful!!

If CCTV was used correctly with people spending a bit of cash on larger harddrives for the digital ones, so the resolution can be bumped up then they are worth it, otherwise a waste of time & money

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    Most CCTV footage I've seen is shockingly poor quality, just look at Crimeline, awful!!

If CCTV was used correctly with people spending a bit of cash on larger harddrives for the digital ones, so the resolution can be bumped up then they are worth it, otherwise a waste of time & money
    Digital is the only way along with tracking software so the cameras automatically detect and track the threat from one camera to the next.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by willyup View Post
    Digital is the only way along with tracking software so the cameras automatically detect and track the threat from one camera to the next.
    Agree with you there, but if the money isn't spent on the simple things like large hardisks to store the captured data then you might as well hang mobile phones up to try and catch the criminals

Quote Originally Posted by willyup View Post
    Something a bit like this - (I thought this clip was relevant to this site )

YouTube - Bluecherry Auto-Tracking PTZ - Bunny tracker
    Last edited by willyup; 04-04-11 at 11:21.

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    Agree with you there, but if the money isn't spent on the simple things like large hardisks to store the captured data then you might as well hang mobile phones up to try and catch the criminals
    Aye, better off putting up dummy cameras at €20 a pop if youre not prepared to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Load of bollicks.

Someone put my back window in last year on a street that has CCTV cameras. When I went to the filth (who were supposed to check the cameras), they said the cameras were all pointing the other way at the time and they couldn't tell who did it.

Cunts.
    Why would you refer to them as filth if they were your first port of call to help? You did not refer to the offender as filth but you do to the Police or the people monitoring the cctv.
    Last edited by Quarterpoundher; 04-04-11 at 12:28.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Why would you refer to them as filth if they were your first port of call to help? You did not refer to the offender as filth but you do to the Police or the people monitoring the cctv.
    Maybe I was making a subconscious protest at their corruption, general incompetence, and/or how the bulk of their job involves supplementing the Exchequer.

Or maybe I was trying to sound like a big strong man.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

warmcome (04-04-11)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast