Thread: Driving Habits

Reviews

Default Driving Habits

Went for a long drive to see my mother this weekend at the other end of the country. Always when I take a long drive I see so many examples of bad driving.

This weekend was no exception. People not able to maintain speed and you overtake them 100 times. People not able to look in their mirrors and they cut out in front of you while overtaking them on the motorway causing you to brake sharply. People driving constantly in the outside lane at 115kph and won't move over. People overtaking you and then darting right back into your lane 5 feet in front of you. And then slowing down !!!

One thing I saw this weekend on my travels was a world of people pulled in on the hard shoulder changing flat tyres. Don't normally see that many but there were loads. And it made me notice now little room has been left on hard shoulders to pull over .... peoples arses were just feet from cars whizzing past at 120 .... I'm sure they must have felt drafts down the cracks of their arses. Of course they should call a rescue service rather than expose themselves to that danger.

It's no wonder we've a bad road safety record. Driving habits are dreadful in this country.
    Last edited by Banjo; 03-04-11 at 19:31.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (03-04-11), deadboysdontlie (03-04-11), madjack (03-04-11), warmcome (03-04-11)

Reviews

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Wink

What does my head in people approaching a roundabout and not knowing what lane to be in it's the basics come on that's my rant I won't start on yellow boxes safe driving people a bit of thought goes a looooong way.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fitzy For This Useful Post:

warmcome (03-04-11)

Reviews

Totally agree the standard of driving in this country is abysmal I have driven extensively in the UK and on the continent and imho the standards of driving is much higher, that's not to say they have there fair share of idiots as well but in general particularly on motor ways the standard is better. Its one of my pet hates idiots sitting in the outside lane of a motor way wit the middle and inside lanes virtually free and as for round abouts this seems to be a total mystery to most people , its a wonder that there aren't more people killed on our roads.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    People overtaking you and then darting right back into your lane 5 feet in front of you. And then slowing down !!!
    This is a serious pet hate of mine, once on a motorway I hit the cruise control and pisses me off the amount of times you overtake the same bloody car, especially women, they must hate been overtaken, once you do they speed up whiz away in front of you only to catch up with them a few miles down the road and overtake them again aaarggh

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (03-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    People overtaking you and then darting right back into your lane 5 feet in front of you. And then slowing down !!!
    You want to be on a bike when some prick dose that !!! or sitting three feet from your rear bumper that's another blood boiler

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Big-Paul For This Useful Post:

warmcome (03-04-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Paul View Post
    You want to be on a bike when some prick dose that !!! or sitting three feet from your rear bumper that's another blood boiler
    When you say bike is that peddle our motor.

I absoutely hate it when people pootle along too slowly in my BMW lane on the outside of the motorway.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    When you say bike is that peddle our motor.
    F**k I cant peddle that fast its a motor bike