Thread: Driving Habits

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Driving Habits

Went for a long drive to see my mother this weekend at the other end of the country. Always when I take a long drive I see so many examples of bad driving.

This weekend was no exception. People not able to maintain speed and you overtake them 100 times. People not able to look in their mirrors and they cut out in front of you while overtaking them on the motorway causing you to brake sharply. People driving constantly in the outside lane at 115kph and won't move over. People overtaking you and then darting right back into your lane 5 feet in front of you. And then slowing down !!!

One thing I saw this weekend on my travels was a world of people pulled in on the hard shoulder changing flat tyres. Don't normally see that many but there were loads. And it made me notice now little room has been left on hard shoulders to pull over .... peoples arses were just feet from cars whizzing past at 120 .... I'm sure they must have felt drafts down the cracks of their arses. Of course they should call a rescue service rather than expose themselves to that danger.

It's no wonder we've a bad road safety record. Driving habits are dreadful in this country.
    Last edited by Banjo; 03-04-11 at 19:31.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (03-04-11), deadboysdontlie (03-04-11), madjack (03-04-11), warmcome (03-04-11)