Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was robbed

Angry I was robbed

Doesn't it suck when the shop does an awesome sale on things u just bought There I was for a long time dwelling on buying new curtains for the kitchen & bedroom I finally made my choice bought two pairs for 120euro & 140euro each 4 weeks ago only to be told today the same curtains are on sale in the same shop for half price fucking awful:...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    Doesn't it suck when the shop does an awesome sale on things u just bought There I was for a long time dwelling on buying new curtains for the kitchen & bedroom I finally made my choice bought two pairs for 120euro & 140euro each 4 weeks ago only to be told today the same curtains are on sale in the same shop for half price fucking awful:...
    that happens EP. so what, if you had waited
    you would have had €130-enough to hire most girls here...

see what you mean, mate. still those curtains gonna come
    in handy when you're pullin' it?

Reviews

If I ever get to the point in life where I get excited over the price of curtains you all have my full permission to put me outta my misery

I'd have loved to got a partners opinion on choosing the right curtains they;re great at that women know all these things I thought I made a good choice but most of the male friends that saw them said they're horrible not easy living on your own having to make all these choices

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHandker View Post
    If I ever get to the point in life where I get excited over the price of curtains you all have my full permission to put me outta my misery
    ya but when u have fuck all monies to spare it makes a difference your probably loaded..

Reviews

I'd have loved to got a partners opinion on choosing the right curtains they;re great at that women know all these things I thought I made a good choice but most of the male friends that saw them said they're horrible not easy living on your own having to make all these choices
    it's a challenge EP. any nice girl worth asking out?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

That's not robbery, that's business and economics .
    Is this the land where sun brightly shines, is this the existence of a heaven's sign?
    Is this the locus the hallowed focus, where grace love and harmony combine?

Rotting Christ - Nemecic

Who Am I? A son of northern darkness.

Reviews

ya but when u have fuck all monies to spare it makes a difference your probably loaded..
    Lol relax.. nah sadly i'm not, and I meant getting excited over curtains not specifically the price.

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    it's a challenge EP. any nice girl worth asking out?
    nah its torture not getting even a sniff...

Reviews

The sad situation is the only people who benefit from 'sale items', is the 'sales customer', and then only in the short term.

Nobody benefits in the long term for the following reasons:-
    1. Businesses, and shops alike cease trading as they are forced to reduce prices to achieve a required cash flow, and therefore cannot maintain their margin to cover their overheads.
    2. Good customers who purchase items at full price end up feeling cheated by the shop, which impacts negatively on future sales.
    3. Sales customers who take advantage of the sales will have a reduced selection as shops/ business close.

Certain countries by law, only allowed shops to hold sales at predefined periods during the year.
    This regulates the industry and in doing so not only protects the consumer but also the retailer alike.

It's nice to pick up bargain, but the longterm reality is somewhat different.
    Last edited by Sam Spade; 01-04-11 at 19:33.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam Spade For This Useful Post:

warmcome (01-04-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast