Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Atheists

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobbins View Post
    Atheists like Richard Dawkins seem just as eager to convert lol.

Jimbob
    And I find them equally annoying. But such people are fortunately rare.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (02-04-11), jimbobbins (02-04-11)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    But I dont even belive in Jebus

4. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (02-04-11)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobbins View Post
    Atheists like Richard Dawkins seem just as eager to convert lol.

Jimbob
    I started to read most of The God Delusion and found that Dawkins was just as bad as the people he complains about, really tough going as the guy just tries to deepthroat you with his arguments. Last time I'll ever try and read a book that goes near religion/atheism, people are just too opinionated and tend to sherk away from other ideas, very one tracked.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

jimbobbins (02-04-11)

Reviews

I myself believe in a higher power but who or what I don't know also all are equal including every species therefore I also believe in vegetarianism very strongly but won't get in preachy and in your face lol[/QUOTE]

That's funny, I thought you liked nothing better then a bit of meat !!!!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to n73 For This Useful Post:

ciara (02-04-11)

Reviews

This says EVERYTHING I believe about religion!!! Its a complete crock of shit!!! As Lucy and other posters have stated, I don't need an "imaginary friend" to get me through life, with the "set of rules" telling me what I can and cannot do!!! IMO your an idiot if you fall for any of the things stated in the bible or supposed to believe in Catholicism!!

Religion is the Biggest con in the history of mankind!! Like George says on the video below...It is also responsible for more deaths than ANYTHING else!!! Practically every humanity has lived through is at the fault of religion to some extent!!!

Last edited by kidkool; 02-04-11 at 08:17.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kidkool For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (02-04-11), DaithiMac (03-04-11), dark-knight (03-04-11)

Reviews

religion causes a lot of problems for a lot of people and is often hijacked by headcases.
    the basics are a good way to lead your life by and i feel it was started all those years ago to keep the disinfranchised happy with their lot.
    I really hope there is a god but so far no one has given me enough evidence.
    I think we experince the divine every day with our families, loves, and lives but d'ont recognise it.
    Live each day as your last while not hurting anybody and if there is a heavan i reckon when you get there you will have no regrets

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BootSlick55 View Post
    This is arrent nonsense. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. I mean, I could claim that an invisible pink elephant sitting on my shoulder created and controls the world. Should this claim be given equal validity to the claim that I'm deluded.
    You could also use it to claim that you are the avatar of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or whatever you like, but see below.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I don't try to prove to anyone that God doesn't exist, because I honestly don't care whether anyone else thinks he exists or not.
    But because you don't care or have decided to (or not to) believe doesn't make anything fundamentally true or untrue. Remember, I'm talking here from an imaginary middle ground. The ancient Greeks hypothesised the existence of the atom in two-and-a-half-thousand years ago, but had absolutely no way of proving whether they were right or wrong. If they had formed a religious movement called the Church of the Atom and declared to people that they knew the truth about our existence and formulated theology to back it all up, you might have had mediaeval peasants believing in immutable subatomic particles a millennium before Dalton started his experiments to show that "something" was there.

So - does God exist? We can't know (yet). We can only choose to believe or disbelieve, or to "not be certain". I think that the latter is the best way to go.

Reviews

To each his or her own, what works for one doesn't work for the other and after all if we were all the same the world would be a boring place indeed I have no problem with any one believes as long as they don't try to inflict their beliefs on me and that goes for believers and non believers alike.The sad fact of life is religion is a dangerous thing in the hands of fanatics who use means to to further their own agendas be they political or for wealth, the same can be said of atheists to some extent.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Big-Paul For This Useful Post:

dark-knight (03-04-11)

Reviews

I don't really really follow any religon but i would hope there is more to life than here.I suppose we will only know the truth when our time has come to an end...
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    I suppose we will only know the truth when our time has come to an end...
    kinda like arsenals season you mean?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast