Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garda plans to introduce web blocking in Ireland

Blog Entries

I think it is wrong and likely won't come in. Of course nobody (in their right mind) wants to facilitate children being abused, but if a website is hosting child abuse material and the Gardai want it blocked, they should have to get a court order or similar, do it through the legal system that is there. You can't allow the Gardai to completely bypass all legal process here, that would make Ireland a police run state regards the Internet, where in theory any website can be blocked at any detective's says so, no accountability. Ireland isn't Communist China I hope. I do however sympathise with the Gardai, in that if it is currently complicated for them to get a court order or similar to block a child abuse website, it should be made an easier process for them, but you can't have no legal process I think.

Regards E-I, it is illegal to view child abuse material on the Internet, but there is nothing whatsoever illegal about viewing E-I. It's quite a different situation really.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patricia For This Useful Post:

benin (30-03-11), magicalman9357 (30-03-11), QueenBee (30-03-11), samlad (30-03-11)

They should ban wanking. Im forever interfering with myself.
    I'm a well hung chap, hung like a bastard says i.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wellhungchap For This Useful Post:

samlad (30-03-11)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12