Thread: Christy Moore

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Christy Moore

We contacted Chrstie Moore via his guestbook and the conversation went:

Turn Off the Blue Light
    Hi Christie, we would be grateful if you could give us an email address or postal address where we could write to you as we would like to talk to you about Turn Off The Blue Light | Sex workers need human rights, not legal wrongs. We know you are supporting Turn Off The Red Light.ie | End Prostitution and Sex Trafficking in Ireland but we are asking you to please listen to the other side of the story, the sex worker side. Thanks Date - 28/03/11, Location - Dublin
    Christy's Reply
    Christy's Reply
    Thank you for your offer...I supported this initiative and attended the press launch for one reason only.... I am opposed to the enslavement of those who are being trafficked into this country and enslaved by the criminal elements within the sex industry, some of these unfortunate people suffer mental and physical abuse, are raped and have no where to turn for help.There is no "other side"...........However, any one is perfectly entitled to work in the sex industry, provided its of their own choosing and free will, if you chose to do so, it is no ones business but your own... I wish you the very best...
    TurnOfftheBlueLight.com
    Sex trafficking is abhorrent and real, we wouldn't argue with you there. We would like more to be done regards sex trafficking. But criminalising the buying of sex is a fundamentalist feminist/catholic agenda that will drive prostitution further underground, make it more dangerous for all sex workers, and much harder for the Gardai to combat trafficking, as clients will no longer report suspected exploitation or trafficking or be witnesses in court. Turn Off the Red Light is using trafficking as a trojan horse to make their own anti-prostitution views law. It is already a crime to pay for sex with a trafficked woman, this new law would only impact on adults paying other consenting adults. There is 'another side' but we aren't getting heard unfortunately, which is very wrong. I'm sorry to go on but I'm passionate and this does matter. I thank you for your reply and I won't comment here again, but you can email us anytime. I'm sure you support Turn Off the Red Light for very honourable motives. Date - 29/03/11, Location - Dublin
    It was decent of him to respond to us. Thanks Christie.
    Spokesperson for Turn Off the Blue Light - www.turnoffthebluelight.ie

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TOBL For This Useful Post:

benin (30-03-11), bhoywonder (30-03-11), Big-Paul (19-04-11), Casanova007 (23-09-11), Irish Fiona (30-03-11), Jack in the Box (19-04-11), magicalman9357 (29-03-11), QueenBee (29-03-11), Rodney69 (31-03-11), royaler (24-04-11), samlad (18-09-11), sexyfukka (29-03-11), TomEA (19-09-11), Victor Mature (01-05-11), westcorklad (29-03-11)