Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Political Correctness .....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    France and Ireland
    Posts
    2,938
    Reviews
    22

    Default Political Correctness .....

    Am I the only one who is fed up with political correctness ... ?

    I was in my attic today routing through boxes that have followed me around from one house move to the next for 40 years ..... I found my old Teddy and his playmate, Golly Wog!

    I have been informed that I am not allowed call hin Golly Wog any more cuz its un-pc!!

    Fuck that!

    Anyone for a dolphin sandwich?

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monkeynut For This Useful Post:

    loveitwet (28-03-11), Morpheus (28-03-11)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lost in the Matrix
    Posts
    6,801
    Reviews
    31

    Default

    No I agree with you Monkeynut. Political correctness has gone mad!!! You can't say anything these days. We are all supposed to be gender, age and ethnically neutral!!

    Of course the world isn't like that!

    I'm not condoning crass sexiest or racist or ageist remarks, but surely we should celebrate our diversity rather than pretending we're all clones.

    And if we can't have a laugh at ourselves, then what's the point!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    FLUFFY END OF TOWN
    Posts
    36,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    Am I the only one who is fed up with political correctness ... ?

    I was in my attic today routing through boxes that have followed me around from one house move to the next for 40 years ..... I found my old Teddy and his playmate, Golly Wog!

    I have been informed that I am not allowed call hin Golly Wog any more cuz its un-pc!!

    Fuck that!

    Anyone for a dolphin sandwich?
    this was discussed on newstalk last week...george hook would you believe mentioned golly wogs.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    France and Ireland
    Posts
    2,938
    Reviews
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    .....george hook would you believe mentioned golly wogs.
    Legend .......

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    430
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    16

    Default

    Yeah totally agree. People are too easily offended these days. No sense of humour at all.

  7. Default

    give us an example of something funny you can't say any more because it's offensive?
    not having a go at the original poster, but mostly when you hear someone complaining about "PC gone mad" it's some eejit like Jim Davidson whining bitterly that nobody finds him funny any more

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    France and Ireland
    Posts
    2,938
    Reviews
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by up_from_the_country View Post
    give us an example of something funny you can't say any more because it's offensive?
    Whats a Black laugh?

    sNigger ....

    Cant crack that joke any more!

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynut View Post
    Whats a Black laugh?

    sNigger ....

    Cant crack that joke any more!
    There is a good reason why you can't say things like that. That isnt about being PC, thats just plain offensive.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

    Headlad (28-03-11), monster_monster (28-03-11), wanted the best 69 (28-03-11)

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nerve centre of the New World Order
    Posts
    840

    Default

    Oh I could have so much fun with this thread
    I fear however that I would be banned for life and worse than that Lucy would probably put a jihad on me head!

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    France and Ireland
    Posts
    2,938
    Reviews
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    There is a good reason why you can't say things like that. That isnt about being PC, thats just plain offensive.
    Evening Lucy. The mentioned joke was told to me at a Sales Conference many years ago in Stockholm by an Oxford educated native Kenyan born colleague. It is far from offensive considering some of the insults I had to put up with whilst living in England during the 70's from your fellow countrymen.
    Last edited by Monkeynut; 28-03-11 at 17:40.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •