Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Gort...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    21,750
    Reviews
    102

    Default Gort...

    guys n girls..
    im heading to Gort, Co Galway next month so i was hopein to get tips on the MUST places to see and places to eat......Japanese food especially Sushi I love, as well as Brazilian cuisine type grub, are there any Brazialian restaurants?
    Ever since they buit that motorway I havent seen the place in ages and was wondering if it still was there...even..
    usualy when i visit a town i hire a car and go for an adventure, do they have cars or is this a no no in Gort with all its farmyard animals and stuff?
    I also like to visit War museums and do things like the London eye and cool stuff like that, so what do they have cos I'd hate to miss anything.
    Is there an open top bus tour and if so how often des it run..
    thanking all in advance..

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

    DaithiMac (28-03-11)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wicklow
    Posts
    1,620
    Reviews
    54

    Default

    JC

    Look for the sign pointing the way to Dublin!

    hd.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hd7055 For This Useful Post:

    JAMESCORK (28-03-11), Morpheus (28-03-11)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In a cathouse
    Posts
    3,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    guys n girls..
    im heading to Gort, Co Galway next month so i was hopein to get tips on the MUST places to see and places to eat......Japanese food especially Sushi I love, as well as Brazilian cuisine type grub, are there any Brazialian restaurants?
    Ever since they buit that motorway I havent seen the place in ages and was wondering if it still was there...even..
    usualy when i visit a town i hire a car and go for an adventure, do they have cars or is this a no no in Gort with all its farmyard animals and stuff?
    I also like to visit War museums and do things like the London eye and cool stuff like that, so what do they have cos I'd hate to miss anything.
    Is there an open top bus tour and if so how often des it run..
    thanking all in advance..
    It's not. It was demolished a few years ago to clear space for a housing estate that never got built. Sorry, as I can feel how much you were looking forward to your trip.

    “I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

    JAMESCORK (28-03-11)

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,701
    Reviews
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    It's not. It was demolished a few years ago to clear space for a housing estate that never got built. Sorry, as I can feel how much you were looking forward to your trip.
    Oh Gort has all of these things and more, or less.

    Interestingly the website Gort Tourist Information - Online Guide to Gort Galway Ireland states...

    "Some 40% of the residents of Gort are non-Irish"

    And you know what that means, nudge nudge, wink wink, say...no...more!!!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruno69 For This Useful Post:

    JAMESCORK (28-03-11)

  9. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cuntflaps
    Posts
    8,253
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    In the Book of Genesis, somewhere toward the front, it reads:

    "... and God saw everything that he had made, and it was good. And the evening and the morning were the eighth day. Then God went for a few pints and woke up the next morning needing a tremendous beer shite. Perching his divine arse over the Earth, he, in his wisdom, let his holy turd fall where it may, saying 'Get thee behind me!' And his plops did fall to the Earth and where they landed, the earth was fruitful and did multiply.

    Then the Lord sayeth, 'Who fucking used the last of the bog roll and did not replaceth it? I am an angry God!' For lack of immediate relief, the Lord did wipeth his bunghole upon the Earth, leaving a dingleberry behind, and lo, men named the place Gort, which in their tongue means 'an awful hole'.

    Here endeth the lesson."

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

    Doozer (28-03-11), JAMESCORK (28-03-11)

  11. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In a cathouse
    Posts
    3,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno69 View Post
    Oh Gort has all of these things and more, or less.

    Interestingly the website Gort Tourist Information - Online Guide to Gort Galway Ireland states...

    "Some 40% of the residents of Gort are non-Irish"

    And you know what that means, nudge nudge, wink wink, say...no...more!!!
    I don't think the population can be 40% escort, unless the other 60% are extremely well paid.

    “I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,701
    Reviews
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I don't think the population can be 40% escort, unless the other 60% are extremely well paid.
    Not so sure about that. Apparently a lot of them are claiming to be 'German' !

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In a cathouse
    Posts
    3,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno69 View Post
    Not so sure about that. Apparently a lot of them are claiming to be 'German' !
    If you want to know where they are really from, do a google image search on "Gort".

    gort - Google Search
    Last edited by El Gordo; 28-03-11 at 11:18. Reason: Added link

    “I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,701
    Reviews
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    If you want to know where they are really from, do a google image search on "Gort".

    gort - Google Search
    Oh shit! The truth is out there!

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,713
    Reviews
    35

    Default

    Gort was a traffic bottleneck for years. a meat plant
    advertised for workers in Brazil, during the boom,
    they had the necessary skills. a fire burnt down the plant.

    i had a perfect breakfast in the cafe @ the old Glynns hotel.
    it's a relatively pleasant town.
    Last edited by warmcome; 28-03-11 at 11:49.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •